Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
a.k.a Slacker
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, from the shared photos, looked like you all had a great time up at Downiville.
My buddies and I are heading for the 4th-weekend. The plan is to camp out near Lower Sardine Lake - so I've been told, anyone got information, photos about this place? Did a search on google, didn't turn up much helpful stuff.

Thanks,
OhSchitt aka Slacker

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
That is a cool place to camp

tons of riding there in the lakes basin.

recomend you bring about 6 gallons of pure deet per person. the skeeters will be very thick and relentless. heed this warning or risk severe itch and bloodloss!

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
too expensive. Bring some water and camp at diablo campground on packer lake road. Cheaper, campsites arent as cramped .... and theres still a pit toilet ... just no water like lower sardine has.

·
mtbr member
29 Posts
Diablo campground has been closed for renovations, at least it was through last weekend (6/24). Check to make sure its available if you plan to stay there. I have not camped at Sardine, but stumbled upon it last trip. As far as scenery is concerned, it is one amazing place to camp.

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Robski said:
Diablo campground has been closed for renovations, at least it was through last weekend (6/24). Check to make sure its available if you plan to stay there. I have not camped at Sardine, but stumbled upon it last trip. As far as scenery is concerned, it is one amazing place to camp.
renovations? Please dont let those fools put water in and charge more .... that **** was free till 2002

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.