Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone in the US have received a bike from China this year?

I ordered a cf frame a couple months ago, back in July/August. The tracking shows it was handed over to the shipping company on the 8/20 and that's it. They have already extended the time to file a dispute, but is almost half a year shipping delay reasonable? I'm not sure if my CC company would be able to do anything since it has been so long.

· Older than I feel
1,908 Posts
I'm in a similar situation, though not as bad as yours. I ordered a carbon full suspension frame in September. According to the tracking, the seller had it out the door that week, but the most recent tracking update was "delivered to the carrier" on Sept. 26.

Apparently a 2+ month wait to cross the Pacific is not unusual if you go with the default (cheap) shipping. I figure my frame is on one of the 100 or so container ships waiting for a berth at L.A. harbor.

· Registered
1,741 Posts
If its a reputable company you bought from they'd have it to you by now but every company is different, more so on Aliexpress. Thats why on Aliexpress, you buy from a known entity where multiple people have bought from them, in a forum like this or other forums, and those customers had no issues. If your just gambling, putting your money randomly on Aliexpress #4 then who really knows. So let me guess, you gambled? Bought from an unknown entity and gambled, lots do. You wont tell us the Aliexpress company you bought from? There is an ocean of them from outright cons ripoffs to 50/50 to solid reputable companies who try their best and literally everything in between. Aliexpress doesnt really secure your purchase like ebay and Amazon does. Good luck!

I purchased a bunch of stuff on Aliexpress, from multiple vendors, and I have recieved everything in reasonable time even with covid. I ordered frames, chains, derailleurs, grips, lights and some other stuff and it was delivered on time.

For you, could also depend on if your item is stuck in customs.
Did you receive a tracking number to follow its progress?

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes, I have tracking info but no progress after Aug 20. The company is Seraph, I went with them after seeing some people use their frame and having good luck with it and the specs met what I was looking for. I'm sure they held up their end, I'm just worried about the shipping part. I've had FedEx lose large shipments before, but I don't know how they handle it, which is my main concern.

Btw, I didn't mention the company because that wasn't the concern. You're fixated on it being a shady company but I stated before I had tracking info. I've had other stuff from Aliexpress that I ordered after the frame that showed up about 2 weeks later...though much smaller pieces.

· Older than I feel
1,908 Posts
Gee, what a surprise, I bought my frame from the "Seraph Official Store". (Seems like a lot of Aliexpress vendors have multiple storefronts, I know Seraph has at least two.) They extended the money-back period and told me to hang on. But hearing your tale of woe doesn't encourage me.

· Registered
Top Fuel
1,719 Posts
I bought one on ebay from Tantan and it showed up in about 6-8 weeks. From memory, ordered in august received in late september or so. Most of the time was the actual manufacture…it was only a week or so for the shipping.

It was surprisingly efficient. It came USPS.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I was afraid of. USPS is supposed to do the final delivery but they haven't seen it yet(at least according to the tracking info). I've had stuff come in from China pretty quickly too.... I'm hoping it's just stuck somewhere and not lost. It sucks that I made the decision to buy that because I couldn't find anything here...and I still don't have anything months later. Ton of parts everywhere but no frame.

· Older than I feel
1,908 Posts
Same here. I've held off on buying the cockpit components and brakes until I get my hands on the frame, but I have wheels, tires, drivetrain, and suspension. I'm pretty sure the shipping crunch is the big holdup, I've heard of folks in Europe in the same situation this year, seeing their orders held at an airport for a couple of months before they finally arrived.

· Registered
1,741 Posts
Just giving options, Ali is wide open. Even outright copy cats, found that out trying to buy something and they had pictures copied and everything (including logo) to make it look like they were a legit manufacturing company with a warehouse and production line. Luckily I knew what the real manufacturers name was so I didnt fall for it. This is what they do over there, even brick and mortar stores like Apple and McDonalds have been counterfeited. Its their culture over there.

I gave a few options as to what could have happened, like item being stuck in customs which I stated but that is common sense, but to those who dont buy often for item to be imported, there are some other things that might have happened, again all very very common. I've known a few people, unfamiliar with Alibaba, Aliexpress, china.com etc that have gotten stung.

Now we got to deal with backlogs of ships at sea, and a cargo ship that has sunk.
And now we got to deal with the Christmas rush.
And people working at the borders, unions etc etc etc udnerstaffed, covid infections putting people off work etc etc etc
The list is long
The list is interwoven.

· MTBR Member since 2001...
343 Posts
I wish you luck.

Seraph is a gamble. I get it.

Frames look ok. What is their warranty?

30 Days - Unused?
Warranty and Return (seraphbikes.com)

Customer Conduct - Terms and Conditions.

Terms and Conditions (seraphbikes.com)

Contact us > Submit a formal complaint.

Please contact us within 3 months from the shipment date if you still have not received your package when shipped via standard, flat rate or priority shipping. For Latin America this deadline is extended to 4 months for postal deliveries. All expedited delivery issues must also be reported within 3 months from the shipment date. After this period, we will no longer be able to offer compensation. Kindly note that packages shown as delivered on the shipping courier's website by expedited shipping method are exempt from this policy.

We respond to all complaints within 24 hours except on weekends and public holidays.

I thought I saw someone above say an extension to this policy was granted. I've taken similar gambles in the past. I don't usually buy insurance from Google or Apple when I buy a phone.

$800 frame, I might risk that too. It would suck. but replacement would be inconvienent more than a financial hardship.

At this pricepoint, I would have ordered another frame, probably one from a domestic seller, or purchased an Intense951 Trail from Costco.

If that frame does come, you can build it and ride it, sell the other bike, or sell the frame in under a week I'm sure. Sellers market right now.

· Registered
666 Posts

I ordered a cf frame a couple months ago, back in July/August. The tracking shows it was handed over to the shipping company on the 8/20 and that's it. They have already extended the time to file a dispute, but is almost half a year shipping delay reasonable? I'm not sure if my CC company would be able to do anything since it has been so long.
no but want to idk which 1 is good

· Registered
239 Posts
I bought an ICAN S3 XC from China. I started in June of this year, trying to arrange for the bike to be painted before shipping. I eventually completed the order July 7th.On July 11 I received an email that said it would take 70 days to paint, not 30 days. Ouch! 10 days later I was asked if matt finish was OK. I said yes. By Sep 7th, I had not received a shipping notice. They replied it would be shipped tomorrow. Blah blah blah Several more emails, an EMS shipping number that was not legit, etc..Received another email that said, "Sorry, it has not shipped."

Bottom line. The frame showed up on October 9th. The UPS tracking never showed anything other than a label created. It took about 90 days from order to receipt at my door for a solid colored frame (not raw carbon).My last frame, also an ICAN, took about a month from order to receipt. That was in 2017, and the bike was raw UD carbon (no paint).

The plus, or minus side, depending on how you look at it, is that I had more time to spend money on new components instead of using all parts I had on hand. This included a new fork, rear shock, dropper, and front hub.

· Registered
666 Posts
I bought an ICAN S3 XC from China. I started in June of this year, trying to arrange for the bike to be painted before shipping. I eventually completed the order July 7th.On July 11 I received an email that said it would take 70 days to paint, not 30 days. Ouch! 10 days later I was asked if matt finish was OK. I said yes. By Sep 7th, I had not received a shipping notice. They replied it would be shipped tomorrow. Blah blah blah Several more emails, an EMS shipping number that was not legit, etc..Received another email that said, "Sorry, it has not shipped."

Bottom line. The frame showed up on October 9th. The UPS tracking never showed anything other than a label created. It took about 90 days from order to receipt at my door for a solid colored frame (not raw carbon).My last frame, also an ICAN, took about a month from order to receipt. That was in 2017, and the bike was raw UD carbon (no paint).

The plus, or minus side, depending on how you look at it, is that I had more time to spend money on new components instead of using all parts I had on hand. This included a new fork, rear shock, dropper, and front hub.
so frames good?

· Registered
421 Posts

I ordered one from Carbon Speed on Sept 1 and received it Nov 30. They shipped it via air to US and UPS once it hit US. Not sure why it took so long but I was told that they have a big backlog of frames that were molded up but can’t get through the gluing and final assembly due to labor problems.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.