Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
friend of preston
219 Posts
waldo conditions

my friend and some of his buddies rode it around the 1st of july.
snow in some spots, a few logs and about 400 quadrillion trillion blood sucking monsters harrowing them the entire time. wait til' august or soak yourself in DEET.
ride it, its good.

·
friend of preston
219 Posts
deet

when i typed that i envisioned luke in the medical tank after he confronted vader.
deet does damage nite rider lights also,......a most painful lesson.
sorry for the dorkiness.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How bad are Skeeters?

I was actually planning on taking the family up the last week in July. Are most of the "high Cascade" lakes really that bad until mid-august? I really was looking forward to zooming around the single track while I was there but camping may be worse than on the trail.

any advice greatly appreciated!!!!

HappyTrails

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,330 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't

HappyTrails said:
I was actually planning on taking the family up the last week in July. Are most of the "high Cascade" lakes really that bad until mid-august? I really was looking forward to zooming around the single track while I was there but camping may be worse than on the trail.

any advice greatly appreciated!!!!

HappyTrails
I've been up there in good seasons and in bad, and even the "good" seasons are bad. And this particular season is a BAD one for bugs.

You won't find me up at Waldo until late August at the very earliest. Post-Labor Day is even better. If you do go now, you will love the singletrack but not as much as you will hate the mosquitos. Those incessant, hideous bloodsuckers will forever mar the memory of what could otherwise have been a fantastic experience.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I ain't gonna lie to ya.

--Sparty

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I had a friend got a flat last year mid July and he was ready to shoot himself to put himself out of his misery. No-one else even waited for him as if you even slowed down your skin turned gray from the bugs covering them.

Most anything in the 4000' and up range is that way until about mid August, even then it get's bad in the evening's and around the water.

Does that help :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.