Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see tomalich falls, I hear it's running. I'm heading up there in the morning, if too much snow I'll ride elsewhere. I'll post pics later. ...............

Lef-T

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
I saw Jon Razzel's article, and wondered how long ago he was there. i heard it's ridable up to Tamolitch, and a bit beyond at this point. Take pics if the falls are flowing!

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
We were up at Blue Pool a few weeks ago. Several folks went past Blue Pool this last weekend. 3 trees down between the bottom and Trailbridge and 3 or 4 between Trailbridge and Blue Pool when we were there.

Brock...

·
1,840 Posts
Yes, yes I was Sparty. I am *not* proud of riding MRT, but I did it...on a SS...with BobCanRide. It had been 10 years, it seemed time. I'll gladly ride it with you...in 2018. Kleetus should be ready for some beginner level singletrack by then.

Brock...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Brock did ride MRT

I witnessed it, and he loved it. And If I remember correctly for a beginner trail it put a hurt on! I hope it wont be another 10 years, It was one of the best days I had in May. Bob

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
You mean to tell me all the smack talk of the McKRT has been based on a few experiences ten years ago?

I'm a wee bit jealous up here in Portland that y'all down in the south valley have a bigger and quicker quiver of trails to choose from, including one of my favorites, the McKenzie River Trail. I make it a point every year to try and get down to the "Lane County Ride Guide" resource a few times and at least one of those trips includes the O&B on the McKRT (that's right I'm single-handedly establishing a new acronym). It's exalted territory. Sure there are more technically demanding trails and longer trails and even more scenic trails and a lot of trails that don't exist next to a highway, but there is still only one WIld and Scenic McKenzie River and 27 miles (and more) of singletrack. Single track. Ride it up; ride it down.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics from Tamolich Falls today

lef-t said:
I want to see tomalich falls, I hear it's running. I'm heading up there in the morning, if too much snow I'll ride elsewhere. I'll post pics later. ...............

Lef-T
I don't think this runs very often, lot's of hikers were at the falls. There are no blowdowns from trail bridge to the falls. It rained, all the snow was gone. My seat post broke and I used my pad for a seat. The river was over the trail in a few places.

I took 180 pics in three miles, I loved the river today.

Pics as follows.....

Down stream from the Blue Pool

Tamolich Falls, the big gushing springs around the base were interesting

Just like riding a honda, Dale suggested pads for a seat when it broke.

Mary in deep water above the Pool, she rides a swoopy hybrid, she's 64.

Using my new saw to cut a tree off the trail above the Pool.

Attachments

·
1,840 Posts
Snake Muesl said:
You mean to tell me all the smack talk of the McKRT has been based on a few experiences ten years ago?
I've only had my ass kicked a few times and it's been a while, but I'm still not in a rush to experience that again...if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm a fast learner but I don't need to burn my hand on a hot stove a bunch to know I didn't enjoy it.

BTW, the trail, has not changed a lot...in 10 years; well, there is that re-route...for 20 feet.

Brock...

PS: Tom, was all of the snow gone at Blue Pool? There's a pic of me hip deep in snow just shy of there. Bob has it somewhere...Bob?

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
I think one of the reasons it does rank high for me is that it is usually well-maintained and is low enough (parts of it anyway) for it to be an early season option while some of the "epic" trails are inaccessible.

Good to hear you and Bob had a good ride. I'm probably coming down to get my McKenzie fix in another week or two.

Nice pics lef-t; thanks for the trail report and the saw work:thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
wow those pics are amazing, I thought it was flowing when it was coming out of the rocks, however that's really flowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Must see! WOW

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
sweet!

Nice ride, nice Pics, Lef!

I'm glad I didn't see this earlier -- I might have been ... um, er, sick today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts