Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice (for a 21 year old girl rider) whether the adult SGC or Trek Dirt Series weekends are better? Wondering what ages the adult groups usually are and does SGC get good coaching for the adult camp? Thx :)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
not to sure on the sgc. but i know a few guides for the trek dirt series. and all the females love that, its not a testosterone fest, it's done specifically for female riders,
i hear great things about the sgc everyone that does it loves it, but i think its mostly guys, you would probably enjoy it and learn alot if you did it,
hope this helps, goo luck with your choice.
the bike park also do female only nights, think its every tuesday,

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've been to SGC twice now, and it definitely isn't a "Testosterone" fest. The coaching is top notch with both male and female coaches. It's an amazing week of the worlds best riding and top notch coaches. You won't be let down.

·
Off the back...
2,278 Posts
+1 on SGC being awesome. I went last year, and I'm taking my wife with me this year. It's quality instruction, not a bro-down "watch me huck" session. One of the best coaches is female, and last year there were women at all ability levels. Good times.

I forgot to mention that I've been a tail guide with the Trek Dirt Series a couple of times, and SGC could be considered the next level up in terms of coaching. Nothing against the Dirt Series, they do good work. However, a week in Whistler of continual practice and challenges is tough to beat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts