Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an opportunity to take a job with the BLM in Monte Vista, CO, what is this place like, the surrounding area's, etc. Looks like it's off the beaten path quiet aways. Closest DH riding? Closest snowboard area? Chics? etc... It's a govt. job with benifits and retirement, sounds nice because of that and the fact its with the BLM Bureau of Land Management. Insider trail spots and hunting locations are a perk ;)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
O~Hi~O said:
So I got an opportunity to take a job with the BLM in Monte Vista, CO, what is this place like, the surrounding area's, etc. Looks like it's off the beaten path quiet aways. Closest DH riding? Closest snowboard area? Chics? etc... It's a govt. job with benifits and retirement, sounds nice because of that and the fact its with the BLM Bureau of Land Management. Insider trail spots and hunting locations are a perk ;)
yeah, off the beaten path is accurate. although, I'd have to
say there are worse places.

I don't know many details, but having driven through
a bunch, I know it is a couple of hours away from some
great spots. the Wolf creekk/creed/alamosa/taos....

as for the women...No idea.

best of luck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
yes. i have lived here all my life. lots of good xc stuff most single track still covered with snow but lot of lower desert riding right now.not any close by dh only but can be had with 2-3 hr drive, snow board/ skiing at wolf creek most snow in state still at 100 plus inches but closed only open one more saturday. population of monte vista is less than 5000, alamosa is only 17 mile east and has smaller college"adams state" single females are around but not an over abundance. hunting is good elk, deer, anelope, bighorn, bear,all the rocky mountain stuff not much for bird hunting ,good duck and goose.
the elevation is 7600 on valley floor with the sangre de cristo range to the east and san jaun to the west the san luis valley is like 85 mile east west and like 125 north south.
our winters are cold but would be cake for an easterner no humidity just cold and clear, summers very seldom get over 90 and we don't ever have any sunamies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dadat40 said:
yes. i have lived here all my life. lots of good xc stuff most single track still covered with snow but lot of lower desert riding right now.not any close by dh only but can be had with 2-3 hr drive, snow board/ skiing at wolf creek most snow in state still at 100 plus inches but closed only open one more saturday. population of monte vista is less than 5000, alamosa is only 17 mile east and has smaller college"adams state" single females are around but not an over abundance. hunting is good elk, deer, anelope, bighorn, bear,all the rocky mountain stuff not much for bird hunting ,good duck and goose.
the elevation is 7600 on valley floor with the sangre de cristo range to the east and san jaun to the west the san luis valley is like 85 mile east west and like 125 north south.
our winters are cold but would be cake for an easterner no humidity just cold and clear, summers very seldom get over 90 and we don't ever have any sunamies.
Fvck, thanks for making it sound so misreable:rolleyes:

You just described what I'd like to be able to live out the rest of my life at...with a family of course(hence need to find girl before I move out west)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
O~Hi~O said:
Fvck, thanks for making it sound so misreable:rolleyes:

You just described what I'd like to be able to live out the rest of my life at...with a family of course(hence need to find girl before I move out west)
what life really comes down to is the fact that a person has to live no matter were they may live , if your into lot of cool real outdoor stuff then there is more than a person can handle, as for chicks if you bring one from the city they don't do so well in the sticks , but most of the local girls or should I say mountain girls will hold there own be it a bike or a gun or your hand, so come check us out and see what you think, one mor thing is that we have RUSH MINUTE TRAFFIC NOT RUSH HOUR .

have a good night my boy and wife need some time before we turn in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dadat40 said:
what life really comes down to is the fact that a person has to live no matter were they may live , if your into lot of cool real outdoor stuff then there is more than a person can handle, as for chicks if you bring one from the city they don't do so well in the sticks , but most of the local girls or should I say mountain girls will hold there own be it a bike or a gun or your hand, so come check us out and see what you think, one mor thing is that we have RUSH MINUTE TRAFFIC NOT RUSH HOUR .

have a good night my boy and wife need some time before we turn in.
Yeah I know what your saying, but I'm just considering other factors right now, like my family and all their issues. I feel like I'm always bailing to go do my thing every time I end up back this way, kind of feel like a boomerang, I go out west, then come back for a few months then head back out west again for another few years then come back ..... There's alot of issues I'm juggling right now and the smarter move would be to stay put until I get those under control and I"m free to move on. Plus if I could knock out a program here to help me stay employed permanently out west again then that's a plus.

I just hope I can get out of here without making too many attachments while I'm here, I just really miss the Rockies...
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top