Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
We were skiing up there today. Totally (almost) dry to Yankee Doodle, drifts after that but you could punch through for sure. We saw cars near the top from the west side. It'll go.

Jenny Lind is very snowy though.

Have fun.

·
My leg feels funny
1,289 Posts
Pluto Pilot said:
We were skiing up there today. Totally (almost) dry to Yankee Doodle, drifts after that but you could punch through for sure. We saw cars near the top from the west side. It'll go.

Jenny Lind is very snowy though.

Have fun.
So I take it you made it near kings lake? How was the snow by there? Campable?

·
Too busy looking good
361 Posts
Went up Rollins Pass road this Sunday, 7/13. Dry to Yankee Doodle lake, but drifts and significant run-off still past the lake. The first two drifts I encountered were easily walked, the third (which was just past the "dead end" sign, just above 11,000 ft) was really long. There were tracks across it, people had walked across looks like, but it was a lot of snow. It was fun watching some ATVs try to barrel through the snow, I saw one get good and stuck. Amazing how much snow is still up there.

Personally, I turned around at this point, didn't want to suffer the wet, cold feet that would result. I had been hoping to make Winter Park, but I had started from Longmont so I didn't need too much incentive to turn around.

BTW, does anybody know a better way to connect FS505 to Jenny Creek Trail? I see no other way than to go down through the town of Eldora, then down towards Ned, then up to the Eldora resort. I've heard a rumor that there is a trail from the town of Eldora up to the resort, is this true?

·
lucky enough
855 Posts
Slower, did you make it over the pass? Should I bring an ice axe? :skep: I was thinking of giving it a shot Saturday.

·
1,534 Posts
cocavaak said:
Slower, did you make it over the pass? Should I bring an ice axe? :skep: I was thinking of giving it a shot Saturday.
after you go around/over the tunnel, take the high road (to the left) and you won't have to go through the (big) snow field. on the other hand, unless you're capable of biking up a scree field, there's probably 1/4 mile walking involved doing it that route...and its not as nice because you don't cross the sketchy bridges.
i did it last saturday and just walked through both big snow fields....feet were dry in a couple minutes. you can always just pack an extra pair of socks too.

·
lucky enough
855 Posts
last week

I think Slower did it LAST Tuesday. I'm planning on doing it this Saturday if anyone is interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.