Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "complete" Inbred 29er ships Monday (from California) and I am very excited.

No doubt the bike is worth the price as is. However, I am curious as to others' experience who have purchased the complete bike from On-One 29er. I really like the entirety of the On-One lineup of bikes and parts but dont have a frame of reference as to where things like the wheels I will be receiving line up in the hierarchy of 29er wheels. Are they comparable to the Rig stock Bontrager wheelset for example?

While it comes with v-brakes, I am leaning towards getting disc brakes either soon or immediately.....may leave it as is for a while. Cant even remember what v-brakes feel like!

anyway, any pictures, words of wisdom from complete bike purchasers, etc....greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
FoShizzle

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
InnocentCriminal said:
Waiting on mine as well. Not sure when it ships, hopefully sooner rather than later.

...iC...
yeah....i was perhaps fortunate. i placed my order yesterday and was told that it will ship Monday from San Francisco where there were apparently 5 18" complete bikes left. Somebody apparently wanted to buy all 5 but i just got my order in so that was pretty cool to hear.

i am really, really going to try to leave it as is but cant help but think of upgrading some of the stuff.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hey Fo!

FoShizzle said:
i am really, really going to try to leave it as is but cant help but think of upgrading some of the stuff.
What a surprise. :p

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
go back to the Ventana forum where you belong! :p

hey......you gotta give me some credit Pauliemon; at least i ordered the bike in 2005 thus, not violating my #1 proclaimed 2006 resolution.

i am excited to see the bike and am so happy they had some in San Francisco to ship down South. I honestly think the ONLY thing I can possibly rationalize upgrading are the brakes and if I do, they would be to BB7 Avid Mechs.

·
Keep rollin'
193 Posts
FoShizzle said:
yeah....i was perhaps fortunate. i placed my order yesterday and was told that it will ship Monday from San Francisco where there were apparently 5 18" complete bikes left. Somebody apparently wanted to buy all 5 but i just got my order in so that was pretty cool to hear.

Damn! I placed my order last week before they went on vacation for the holidays.

...iC...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got in on Zedsport's 25% off before Thanksgiving pre-order so I got mine for $750. It will be here on the 3rd according to Brown Santa. First thing I'm doing is taking off the Vs and putting on my BB7s I've been saving from my 26" sell-off. I don't think I'll upgrade anything else for a while.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
p0werp0p said:
I got in on Zedsport's 25% off before Thanksgiving pre-order so I got mine for $750. It will be here on the 3rd according to Brown Santa. First thing I'm doing is taking off the Vs and putting on my BB7s I've been saving from my 26" sell-off. I don't think I'll upgrade anything else for a while.
yeah....i should have ordered mine earlier too but still a good deal. i agree with the upgrade. i only wish i still had my extra pair of BB7s that I foolishly sold.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ok I'll shut up.

FoShizzle said:
go back to the Ventana forum where you belong! :p

hey......you gotta give me some credit Pauliemon; at least i ordered the bike in 2005 thus, not violating my #1 proclaimed 2006 resolution.

i am excited to see the bike and am so happy they had some in San Francisco to ship down South. I honestly think the ONLY thing I can possibly rationalize upgrading are the brakes and if I do, they would be to BB7 Avid Mechs.
I can't really say anything with dreams of El Capitans dancing in my head. I haven't even got my first 29er and I'm planning my second.

Happy New Year Fo to you and your family.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pauliemon said:
I can't really say anything with dreams of El Capitans dancing in my head. I haven't even got my first 29er and I'm planning my second.

Happy New Year Fo to you and your family.
thank you....and you too. I hope this year to ride with some more Ventana folk.....I hope to make it up to your neck of the woods.

cheers my friend

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,356 Posts
Dude, I knew you couldn't resist my suggestion for the work bike.

Mine arrived last week.

It is fabulous. Very beautiful bike. Nicely assembled and packed. Had it up and ready to ride in about 30 minutes. All the cool details really make the bike.

No time for pictures right now, maybe later.

My feeling is that it was a great deal for around $900.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Enel said:
Dude, I knew you couldn't resist my suggestion for the work bike.

Mine arrived last week.

It is fabulous. Very beautiful bike. Nicely assembled and packed. Had it up and ready to ride in about 30 minutes. All the cool details really make the bike.

No time for pictures right now, maybe later.

My feeling is that it was a great deal for around $900.
Hey Enel.....I actually did not know you ordered one! So did you get the "complete" bike as well? If so, are you gonna change anything?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Hey Enel.....I actually did not know you ordered one! So did you get the "complete" bike as well? If so, are you gonna change anything?
Hubs are disc ready, if you want to bolt some discs on there, and the frame and fork have disc mounts too of course.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hubs are disc ready, if you want to bolt some discs on there, and the frame and fork have disc mounts too of course.
indeed.....and that was a great selling point and a clever way to sell the bikes Brant. I am gonna see what the LBS can sell me some BB7s for.

cheers and Happy New Year

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,949 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Enel ordered it.

I rode it.

I don't know if Eric put on the eggbeaters or not, but I didn't care for them on a SS bike when I was laying down the torque (too much float). The inbred was a nice bike to go over big rocks with, it handled some rolling drops just fine, felt fairly slack and very stable, kind of like a DH bike that might have a similer wheel-moment due to the mass on the outside of the wheel. The bike was not interested in making quick last-second changes, but it held lines well, again, like riding a DH bike with big heavy tires. I couldn't tell that the contact patch gave any real benefit. I took it through many corners and felt when it was breaking loose and it didn't seem to be a big difference between the 26er that I usually ride in terms of contact-patch-traction.

Eric said that it would ride "stiff", but I thought it rode as a steel bike should. I've had some harsh aluminum bikes with huge tubes, and this rode nowhere near as harsh. The rigid fork obviously makes it pretty "harsh", but as far as how the frame felt, it definitely felt like steel to me.

The riding position felt pretty good, it definitely has a "high" front end. I don't think it was too much of a detriment, but sometimes I noticed it. Good bike overall.

·