Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
After waiting ages for them to appear in stock anywhere I managed to get hold of one and am very happy with it.
So far I've found it to be super comfortable with great fit and no issues with glasses.

·
Registered
197 Posts
How do these fit? My head is right at 58cm, or just a quarter cm smaller. Should I go with the sm/med or the med/lg? I hate how helmet manufactures don't make over lapping sizes....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

·
unrooted
1,214 Posts
How do these fit? My head is right at 58cm, or just a quarter cm smaller. Should I go with the sm/med or the med/lg? I hate how helmet manufactures don't make over lapping sizes....

I am in the same boat, 58cm head, I wear a medium giro phase right now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm thinking about going with a POC Trabec, or Bell Super. Reviews I just read of the ixs rs have said this helmet is off on size a little bit.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do goggles fit well with this lid? The picture of Francis' kid in the newly published review looks like the goggle strap would have trouble staying in place.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought the s/m and I normally wear a medium ( i think my melon is around 56cm? Maybe 58cm? I can't remember)
The s/m fits but it is snug enough that I tried the m/lrg because I usually wear a Halo headband.
I would say go for the m/l if you are 58cm

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am loving it, same weight as my regular "road" helmet, and the venting is excellent. Jenson had it in stock. I too am in the 58+cm size, s/m too snug and at end of adjustment, m/l fits great with halo skullcap under it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks guys for the input on the sizing. I'm still trying to decide between one of these and a Bell Super. These helmets look so dang awesome though!

·
Registered
14,357 Posts
Thanks guys for the input on the sizing. I'm still trying to decide between one of these and a Bell Super. These helmets look so dang awesome though!

I have both of those helmets.

The Super has better coverage and a much better visor.

The RS has better ventilation and is lighter.

Both are quality lids. If I had to pick one I'd probably stick with the Super due to the better coverage, but I do like the RS a lot.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I will probably go with the Super. Coverage is more important to me than weight and ventilation, I'm not much of a weight weenie.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts