Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 ☼ ♥
47 Posts
I have been using it for about 6 weeks and must say that it works quite well. The tape is not as wide as the rim well, but wide enough to cover the spoke holes. I was a bit skeptical but It has held air quite well. I used a lightly-used Neo and it fit very loosely on the rim and it took me and a buddy almost 40 mins to seat it. We resorted to using a ratcheting tie down along the tire to get it to seat. I know I should have used a new tire but I didn't want to wait a few days for a new one. In the rear I used a Quasi and it fit much better and it went on much easier but it was a newer tire. It too was a bit looser than I like. Overall it holds air quite well, like every other bike of mine I check the pressure before every ride and just need to top it off a bit.

·
Just a flesh wound
2,373 Posts
So you guys are running 650b on the new P35's. How is it and what kind of ride do you have? I am thinking of converting my Prophet.

Thanks for you replies.

·
1 ☼ ♥
47 Posts
I've been drinking the 650B kool-aid for about 1.5years and I'm hooked. The handling is amazing; like my 26" bike, but rolls over $h1t like big wheels do. I'm 5'6" and feel a bit awkward on a 29er. The 650b platform feels just right for me. I'm not a 29er hater I just haven't found the right one for me.

The P35's are awesome! Laterally very stiff and they don't feel as heavy as you'd think for a 35mm rim. My only complaint is that they're quite soft. I like to run low pressure(22-25psi) in the rear and I have a few dings on the rim. I'm gonna try inflating to 28-30 psi to minimize the problem. I'm 150lbs and not rough on my equipment. Overall very happy with them and the higher pressure should take care of the dings. BTW I ride a Surly 1x1

·
Just a flesh wound
2,373 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am looking forward to going 650b on my Prophet. I was wondering what wheels to use. American Classic makes the 650 BXC. Stan's has the 650b rim and Velocity has 2 wheels. The Blunt and now the P35. Choices! I should get the Neo-Moto though. I hear they are great.

What is the weight of the P35? The American Classic setup is 1750 grams for the whole wheelset! But I bet the wide rim on the P35 is a whole new experience.

·
1 ☼ ♥
47 Posts
The P35 is listed at 570g. There are a few other rims out there too. 650b palace has a list and offers lots of resources. The Neos and Quasi's are both good tires but I'm going to try the Nevegal's as I want something with a tougher side wall. Unfortunately there isn't a UST 650b tire yet :madman:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts