Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Red flag #1: The guy is out of China.

Red flag # 2: His English is sketchy.

Red flag # 3: Some of the product photos don't look 100% like what the manufacturer's web site shows (may just be non-current / new old stock...or not.)

His prices on the items that I'm looking at appear to be good (not Nigerian scam good, just a little better than I can find anywhere else.)

I don't want to spend money on counterfeit stuff. Anybody have experiences with this guy?

http://stores.ebay.com/Cycleway-Bicycle-Shop

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've been waiting 17 days (not counting holidays or weekends) for a rotor and still not here. He sent me a tracking number, but it was wrong and it wasn't until today that he sent me the right one, and all it says was that it was in china on the 12th...whole lot of good that does me..

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BkNYC said:
Same here.. i got some KCNC stuff from him. no problem..
Cool. I just ordered a KCNC seatpost from him. I realize that it's going to be 20-30 days before it gets here, but we can wait.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I've ordered 4 times from him. No problem.

I took a chance and ordered a frame the last time. It made it to me in 7 days (western canada).

I expect to be pretty much SOL if the frame breaks, but hey, it was cheap.

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
Some of these guys actually sell the products that get rebranded as some name-brand stuff. Its not necessarily counterfeit, but 'side production'.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Read the negatives, they tell you what problems he could give you. It seems negatives are mostly for item not received though I did see 2 that said he sent completely different item than from listing.

Just because he has a lot of good feedback doesn't make it safe. I remember reading about the counterfeit CK headsets that were really hard to tell apart. They were only a couple bucks cheaper than the real ones (like you say - not nigerian scam good).

What you can do is search up to see if there's a popular counterfeit to the item you're looking to buy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i had no issue with the seller cycleway. bought a rear de from him. well packed. delivered. no issues. answered all my questions regarding shipping costs and all. different peeps different experiences i guess

·
Registered
228 Posts
No problems here either. You guys who are freaking out about not getting your order in the 10-15 days,need to learn a little patience. I just waited from November 22nd till December 31st to receive an item from China. During the holidays expect delays due to the high volume of packages beings sent.

·
You know my steez...
903 Posts
it's worth it to upgrade the shipping

I bought a set of rotors and paid for standard shipping. They took 3 weeks to arrive, plus he didn't provide a tracking number right away. He did answer my e mails and provided a tracking number later.

Then I ordered a KCNC post and paid for expedited shipping. It arrived in 10 days. The box was beat up during the trip from China but it was well packed and the post was in perfect condition.

The products were as described and the prices were good. You just cant be in a hurry if you buy from him.

I would buy from him again.

·
West Chester, PA
5,003 Posts
RIS said:
Red flag #1: The guy is out of China.

Red flag # 2: His English is sketchy.
I hate when people from other countries don't write perfect engrish. :crazy:

My friend bought from yan kelly and all went well, 11 days to philly. all_ride is another good seller out of taiwan. I've gotten stuff from him in a week.

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
RIS:

1. Use toolhaus.org to check negative/neutral feedback in aggregated form. It's much more useful than looking at feedback direct via ebay.

2. Don't be such an ass about people in other countries not writing perfect English :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.