Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they a stand-up company? They have a pretty good deal for pre-orders shipping early May ($166 with free shipping), but I'm wondering if anyone's tried one and if their 36.5mm I.D. spring fits a DHX rc4 w/o spacers or adapters like I needed for the Obtanium spring on my Pushed DHX 5 that's on another bike.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
I bought two sets of their linear thrust bearings for a CCDB on a Jedi and an X-Fusion Vector coil on a Tallboy LTc. Scout (their CS guy) was pretty responsive via their web Contact Us page. The only thing I'm not liking is they don't send w/ a service that lets you tracks your package. Shipping took about 2 weeks. I didn't have any "bumps" in buying from them (I'm in Colorado). When/if time comes to get a spring, I'd prob go thru them for a Ti. I asked about how accurate their ratings were and Scout told me within 5%, but typically 1.6%. I think they're winding their own, or have a direct line to a fab plant that can do that. From what I'm seeing, they're offering the 1.43 ID (Cane Creek) and the 1.5 ID (Avy)...and the adapter to reduce the 1.5 to 1.43...?

Anyway, hope this helps.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Scout, the owner was great to deal with and got the springs in stock much faster than expected.
My 450lbs X 3 ti spring weighed 376grams while my friends DSP weighed 334grams for a 350lbs X 3. The steel Fox spring weighed 586grams for a 400lbs X 3.25.
I felt the weight savings to be very good.

Eric

·
Registered
203 Posts
I haven't ordered from them, but I've had a few questions that were always answered super thoroughly and promptly. I believe Scout mentioned that he will unveil super baller ti springs sometime in the near future, which will be lighter, and of course, more expensive.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thread bump. Are these guys any good?
yes they are a pretty popular ti-spring company. however, I suggest looking for a used ti-spring. in the ti-spring "community", if you can call it that, it's generally thought of that the best quality ti springs are no longer made. these are the like of Obtainium(the original Obtainium springs, there is a company that made some and may still be making some under the Obtainium name but these are NOT the same as the originals), old Marz springs, etc. You can tell by the number of windings. The less windings, the less weight. I bought an old used Marz spring for like $100 bucks on the Pinkbike classifieds. however there is no "bad" ti spring. both are lighter than steel by a good margin, and all ti-springs are calibrated to a higher degree of precision than steel. so just look for the best deal. if buying new though, ti-springs.com is a solid option

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.