Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as far away as one would think. They raised the Solo catagory price this year (too bad). I want to do it again, but I sure hope there is less of that stuff that falls from the skies this year (anybody from Seattle that can tell us what that was)?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Right as Rain

We been through every kind of rain there was that night. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.

I'll be there this year. Hopefully with a Rohloff as you can never be too careful.

·
I am Doctor Remulak
1,422 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
We been through every kind of rain there was that night. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.

I'll be there this year. Hopefully with a Rohloff as you can never be too careful.
you forgot to mention the frozen rain...

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
Well im looking into it... wasnt there last year but youve got to start sometime, right?

·
I am Walt
6,392 Posts
Planning on it...hopefully no flu this year and I can show up. Shut up, Dirdir...

·
Something goes here...
2,067 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
Not as far away as one would think. They raised the Solo catagory price this year (too bad). I want to do it again, but I sure hope there is less of that stuff that falls from the skies this year (anybody from Seattle that can tell us what that was)?
No doubt I'm doing it. I'm not sure my boyz from Seattle can come down but I'll be there regardless. This will be my 7th or 8th one but first Old Pueblo one.

It actually doesn't rain as much in Seattle as people think. It's grey most of the time from October to April and it's wet for sure but there's hardly ever pouring down rain or rain that comes in sideways or rain that comes up from underneath. It's mostly 7 or 8 months of drizzle. Sure there were times when we were on the trail and got caught in a downpour but that was few and far between in the 8 years I lived there.

From what I hear, I would have been right at home in one of the marathon races this year. I forget the name of it but the one where you could choose 10, 30, 60 or 100 miles and was nuttin' but wet mud. That's what we rode in 9 months of the year up there.

I'm sure Walt will sign up but he'll come up with an excuse to bail...like his muscles hurting too much from working. :D

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
In Like Flynn!

Don't have any 24hr races under my belt but I'm planning on doing this one... Everyone start praying to the weather Gods!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
So far, yes. Team Waltless.

(You like that Walt?)

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
If you are doing it, please tell us what category, who are your teamates and the team name.

I am on Team Waltless, 4 man, with Skinny-Tire, Conservationist and John, who I have not yet met.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Dirdir said:
If you are doing it, please tell us what category, who are your teamates and the team name.

I am on Team Waltless, 4 man, with Skinny-Tire, Conservationist and John, who I have not yet met.
5 man actually. John's girlfriend is riding with us.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
yup

thinking about slamming mr winkie in the car door a few times too.

no f-ing way am i going solo again.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
YuriB said:
no f-ing way am i going solo again.
Yuri - Hope it wasn't last year's help that has driven you away!

I'll be at 24HOP again this year as support for Itty Bitty Betty (Jen from CO - she finally moved west from Ohio) who will be racing solo SS. Hopefully she will earn the top podium spot again this year!! Jen is one tough little cookie...

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
DurtGurl said:
Yuri - Hope it wasn't last year's help that has driven you away!

I'll be at 24HOP again this year as support for Itty Bitty Betty (Jen from CO - she finally moved west from Ohio) who will be racing solo SS. Hopefully she will earn the top podium spot again this year!! Jen is one tough little cookie...
Are you kidding? Support and companions were top notch!
I'm just opting for the slacker route (team) this year rather than being put to shame by Jen and Jesper.
And you know I had an awesome time - nothing can keep me from the OP.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
if i had a nickle...

AZ Mikey said:
I think I need a translation
PM sent

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Good to hear other folks already talking about it! I'm in training for my debut solo (geared) shot this time, and will be my 3rd consecutive year at OP. If the forecast calls for anything like this last one, I'll be *cough* wheeze, calling in "sick"! THAT was nuckin futs.... Who'd have thought one could get lost crossing an arroyo in the desert? :eek:

I think I was among the first few to register solo, BTW - and it sounds like the solo CAT is filling up FAST...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts