Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
No longer a hardtailkid.
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a brown, light blue, and white theme going on my new bike. I see alot of brown saddles out there, but I want to know which ones look good with which grips.

Comfort and weight (of the saddle) aren't really a concern for me, because it would go on a dirtjump bike and I would be out of the saddle most of the time anyway.

As for grips, which ones perform and match well with which saddles?

If you have them, please post pictures of your bike with the brown grips and saddle.

Thanks,
Andy

·
No longer a hardtailkid.
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Where do you ask questions about seatposts, handlebars, grips, and saddles?

Exactly.

·
No longer a hardtailkid.
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
missoularider said:
You have to make sure it matches your shoes and purse too
Sorry for not wanting my bike to look like I blindly threw parts at it. Silly me. I bet yours is a gem :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have the Sunline Half Waffle and Charge Spoon.......and I must say the colors don't match at all. I think I'm going to try the ODI grips next as my current ones are done.

Photobucket

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I personally find it hard to match the Charge spoon with any other grip as its brown has a mix of red into it. Which isn't commonly found with most brown grip colors.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
missoularider said:
who cares, this thread is exactly what's wrong with the AM forum. It's more of a vanity board then a riding board.
It's a side effect of the sport. It's very easy to prop your bike up against something and snap a photo. Most of us don't have personal photographers to follow us around taking pictures of us hucking off stuff or bombing trail though. ;)

There have been several times as I was flying through the air when I thought "Damn I wish someone got that on camera." :(

·
Registered
829 Posts
There's nothing wrong with color coordination. I think what Missoularider is trying to say is that brown is not an All Mountain color. It is more of a trail color. "Blued Steel" qualifies as an all mountain color, because it goes better with your gun. You do ride with a gun, don't you?

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
Those Oury grips look so bad like seriously. Why would you put ABC kiddy blocks as your grips? Just go on lizardskin and see if they have brown lock ons.

·
Registered
829 Posts
pfox90 said:
Those Oury grips look so bad like seriously. Why would you put ABC kiddy blocks as your grips? Just go on lizardskin and see if they have brown lock ons.
I heart oury

1 - 20 of 67 Posts