Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In the rear with the gear
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leaning towards the Damballa. I am going to start out SS but obviously have the option to go gearie at a later date. Prolly going rigid as well for the time being, unless I get a good deal on a fork.

Whadya think?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Maybe

I am quite happy with my 18" frame. You may have toe overlap issues with the larger frames, I hear. Bottom bracket is lower than the norm. Paint is fragile. It handles really well for the way I ride. I would buy another one. My frame weighed 4.9 lb. with headset cups, water bottle bolts, seat collar and sliders. I've had NO issues with the sliders.

Gary

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
rocky rode said:
I am quite happy with my 18" frame. You may have toe overlap issues with the larger frames, I hear. Bottom bracket is lower than the norm. Paint is fragile. It handles really well for the way I ride. I would buy another one. My frame weighed 4.9 lb. with headset cups, water bottle bolts, seat collar and sliders. I've had NO issues with the sliders.

Gary
I am curious as to why toe overlap would be worse on the larger frames? Seems to me a longer top tube would push the front wheel out further unless the seat tube angle got shallower.

I do have an 18 inch Dambala myself that I like it very much.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Larger sizes slackers seat tubes and steeper head tubes, and are ridden by riders with larger feet. Somewhere in that mix, toe overlap might happen. You can check this in advance though, some measuring on your own bike+shoes and customer service or forum info should do the trick.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 19" frame with an IRD fork and I like the combo a lot. The handling is great and no toe overlap issues running an exi up front. Overall the bike handles great and I'm happy with my first forray into 29er land.

The rear dropouts are nice but for me I think they're overkill. I have it setup as a singlespeed/fixed flip flop. For this I setup I think I prefer the track ends, only two bolots to lossen and tighten on a wheel flip. But that''s just me, if I was going to run gears or disc brakes in the back the Voodoo would be perfect.

I'm upgrading to Walts old singlespeed frame (from his garage sale). I think that will suit me better. I'm going to give it a try anyway :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
How is VooDoo's customer service and warranty? This is one of the frames I am considering if I can sell the 293 frame I have. How does the 631 steel tubing compare with 853?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.