Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I headed west for the weekend to Grand Junction. My first time out there. Pedaled up and rode the ribbon to free lunch to lemon squeezer and moto. Quite the ride. Palisade rim trail the next day, which I actually really enjoyed. More so than the ribbon. I'm glad I did it but it's just a few features and a ton of elevation loss at high speed. Maybe if I shuttled it I wouldn't feel this way lol.

I also come here pretty frequently and see nothing. Let's turn it around. Want pics from the GJ trip?

·
Candlestick Maker
3,615 Posts
I'll hit 1000 miles (mostly dirt) for the year later this week. It has been good. That reminds me, I should go for a ride...

This forum is dead, long live the king!

·
Light freak
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I headed west for the weekend to Grand Junction. My first time out there. Pedaled up and rode the ribbon to free lunch to lemon squeezer and moto. Quite the ride. Palisade rim trail the next day, which I actually really enjoyed. More so than the ribbon. I'm glad I did it but it's just a few features and a ton of elevation loss at high speed. Maybe if I shuttled it I wouldn't feel this way lol.

I also come here pretty frequently and see nothing. Let's turn it around. Want pics from the GJ trip?
Yes, picture please. Have always wondered what GJ riding looks like.

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Apparently I still ride bikes, occasionally.
...and only rap caucasionally.

Just back from Moab a few days ago... rode White Rim, Porcupine, Klondike. Weather came back in, so I guess it's back to skiing or something. I've got some high country plans and ideas for this summer, I'm sure I'll post in the appropriate thread when that happens. Until then...

The forum is dead, long live the forum!

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,092 Posts
Wow Baker, I didn't know. Glad you're on the mend though. Good looking Titus.

I've been getting some riding in over the winter, not much but some.

Bicycle wheel rim Mountainous landforms Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle fork

Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

·
Co Springs
2,414 Posts
OP - still riding at least once a week here in C Springs area over the cold months. 2 or 3 of us get out pretty much year 'round and more often as weather and our schedules line up. Doing a 3 day/two-nighter bike pack in mid June.

Wow Baker, I didn't know. Glad you're on the mend though. Good looking Titus.

I've been getting some riding in over the winter, not much but some.
Nice pictures DJ.

"Wow baker" is right !! - No kidding on the Full Tune-up.
Glad you are back to the bike.

Are you by chance one the guys from the WEDS Night rides group that buzzes around C Springs area or did for some years ?

Best regards / well wishes.

·
Candlestick Maker
3,615 Posts
"Wow baker" is right !! - No kidding on the Full Tune-up.
Glad you are back to the bike.

Are you by chance one the guys from the WEDS Night rides group that buzzes around C Springs area or did for some years ?
Yeah, I used to ride with the Inflexables (Kristian, Joe, etc) once in a while. Great times but I've always been a bit of a loner and kids have made group riding even harder to coordinate. Of the 98 rides I've done this year, about 90 have been solo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.