Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I move to the area a couple of months ago. I ride a Boulder Starship that I have owned for 14 years. These bikes were made by Boulder Bikes out of Lyons during the 90's but they packed up shop in the early 2000's.

I still ride mine and it is my primary bike. I am just wondering if anyone local owns one of these or even still rides one? Personally I have never seen another on a trail but I thought if someone was to have one, then this area may be a good bet.

Cheers!
TheNormsk.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I still have my Boulder hanging on the wall of my garage and I know that James from Black Sheep bikes still has his hanging around as well. (he worked for them in the early 90's) I can't say I've seen one on the trail for a long time though.

·
Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL on the last photo.

It's great to find some local owners (even if the bikes are now wall art...)

Next time I am up Lyons way I will have to stop in Redstone and check you out. It would be cool to have a Boulder Bikes meetup :)

Here's a couple of photos of my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
goldenboy said:
, one from Cinelli
That frame is hilarious. Pretty fun to use a stem for a rear seatstay to seattube junction.

I had one of those altar stems on an old Specialized S Works M2 road bikes. Horrible stem, flexy and heavy, but it looked cool and the Cippolini inserts were cool though I didn't have any on mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.