Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading another thread about John Tomac,and Tinker came to mind..Anybody remember this rider??I have this Picture burned into my mind of him riding in a race all Muddy,Bloddy,Battered,from a mag in the 80's..I guess you can say he is my insperation to get back into this wonderful sport..Thanks for any info you could give me,or pic's for that matter..reddawg

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,818 Posts
1reddawg said:
Was reading another thread about John Tomac,and Tinker came to mind..Anybody remember this rider??I have this Picture burned into my mind of him riding in a race all Muddy,Bloddy,Battered,from a mag in the 80's..I guess you can say he is my insperation to get back into this wonderful sport..Thanks for any info you could give me,or pic's for that matter..reddawg
Yeah he was the man. Ya couldn't miss him with his wild hair sticking out of his helmet. I seen him race in the early nintys at Big Bear.

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
Remember? People have to actually "remember" Tinker? :skep:

If someone has to take time to remember Tinker... who is still riding great... well... I'll just leave it at that because nothing that I was about to say would make you very happy due to it being over-bearing, inconsiderate, and probably pretty rude.

:madmax:

"Suarez"? Are you freaking kidding me?

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,818 Posts
damion said:
FOR CANNONDALE!

He just recently finished RAAM, and still going strong.

He posts occasionally on MTBR, under dtjenterprises. check him out:
Twins last year!
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=193153&highlight=dtjenterprises
From the looks of it dtjenterprises is someone that posted about Tinker having twins. Not Tinker himself. Tinker lives in Florida and this dude lives in Downey California. I did a little P.I. investigating.;)

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Tinker living in Downey sounds more likely than Florida to me, but I haven't kept up; he used to train all over the LA "river" trail system. The man who trained with a backpack full of rocks and the negative rise stem are my two strongest images.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Here's a key bit of info you might have missed...his last name isn't "Suarez".

Pretty sad when you have the whole internet to get it correct. If you cared you'd have at least gotten the name correct.

·
Registered
18 Posts
tinker

Hi
Tinker live in central Florida and racing 12/24 hour
Last race was the 12 hour of oleta river state park
He was racing solo
Was 1 place for the first 4 hour then him some mechanical problem and crashes?
He never finishes the race
You can see his name on gonriding.com look for 12 hour of oleta results
I was there his was very friendly and nice to every body
mo

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
I've met him a few times at Sea Otter

He always stopped and talked. Very cool guy...

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
me and tink

before riding in San Antonio a number of years back--5 or 6 maybe?

1reddawg said:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.