Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All; has anyone had their DHX Coil Pushed, if so, how is it and please let us know what's different. I might have missed something but so far I"ve only seen one review from El Ching; anybody else riding a Pushed DHX; how are you liking it?

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I'm still running it, and I absolutely love it. I've spent another full day at Brianhead, and a few more rides on our local trails. Night and day between the stock and the Push'd.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:madman: Gee thanks!!! I think this is another one of those I can't live without it sort of things-especially with the Whistler trip coming up:eekster: Therefore you leave me no alternative-as if I didn't have enough to worry about this week without having to figure out a way to send my shock to Push:thumbsup:
thanks,
turtle

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Turtle 1 said:
Hi All; has anyone had their DHX Coil Pushed, if so, how is it and please let us know what's different. I might have missed something but so far I"ve only seen one review from El Ching; anybody else riding a Pushed DHX; how are you liking it?
Well, I must be on your ignore list, or you would have read several posts where I've talked about mine. Probably should just click on my user name, and then click on "view all posts by this user", and weed through all the posts till you find it.
Bottom line: get the factory race system [the most expensive one]. Sell whatever it is that you need to to afford it [$245]. After a half day of riding dh in world cup conditions [rain, mud] this past saturday, I am so in love with this shock. Stunning. Buy one!

·
on a routine expedition
1,582 Posts
I just took mine out for the first time yesterday. Wow, what an improvement. No more spiking and it just sucked up the big hits with no problem. It also feels like it has more "support" when preloading for jumps or pumping through rollers. Apologies for the non-turner content of the photo.

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Skullcrack, NICE! FYI, I started with the compression and rebound settings that Darren recommended, and have ended up two clicks faster on the rebound, but some 10 clicks out further on the compression. Once you've gotten a feeling for your current compression setting, try opening it up a little bit at a time, like two clicks each.
This weekend past, at kestone resort, was the first time I've taken this shock out for dedicated dh runs. I left the settings exactly where I have them for trail riding, and left the same spring on it, even though I was using huge, heavy dh rubber on the bike. The shock was absolutely magnificent. I can't wait [till friday!] to take it there again.

·
I've got a Stiffee
913 Posts
Renegade said:
Rob, which upgrade are you going for; the factory race, or the factory tuning system?
I'm getting the race system, just received my sales order from Darren so gotta go box up the shock and send it out today :thumbsup:

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
turn around time for any of their services is dependant upon their current workload. Only a phone call to push can answer that question.

·
I've got a Stiffee
913 Posts
MBN said:
Whats the turn-around time on the 245 dollar job?
I e-mailed Darren about that and he told me they are only doing the DHX's by appointment to reduce down time. He said it would take 2 days in their shop, so we'll see as I just sent mine off.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
I think an elaboration is in order from you guys. What is so terribly wrong with the stock unit, and how does the Push version fix it? Are we talking traction? Bottoming? Travel quality? Did you guys get the factory race version, or the factory rebuild?

·
Bodhisattva
10,833 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
I think an elaboration is in order from you guys. What is so terribly wrong with the stock unit, and how does the Push version fix it? Are we talking traction? Bottoming? Travel quality? Did you guys get the factory race version, or the factory rebuild?
OK. You're right.
Technically speaking, it's really, really, really good.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
Dusty, check out my initial review of the Push'd DHX for specifics. I have been running the Factory Race version. The high leverage ratio of the 6-pack, and the DHX, do not play well together. The Push remedies the issues that I have been complaining about since I first got the DHX.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts