Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about picking one up. It's either the Exile, the XXIX., or a Monkey Those are the three my LBS can order for me. Looking for a ride report and or some photos of the Exile

Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I haven't ridden nor have I seen the Exile, but you may want to throw the el mariachi complete into the list as a Monkey build will most likely cost just as much. The El is setup 1x9 but offers an EBB for your singlespeed needs. Your LBS should be able to order one through QBP.

That being said, I have an XXIX and enjoy it very much. You surely can't go wrong with a Surly either!

·
Registered
42 Posts
the only thing i wasn't crazy about on the jamis was the hydro brakes... other than that its a pretty rad bike for the coin.

that being said, i just went back to a karate monkey. Surly bikes just do it for me. the guys that work at surly as great people, and warranty issues are never issues with them. not to mention with the short stays the bike feels like a giant bmx bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.