Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never see anyone else from around here on the forums, so I'm just wondering. I could also use some people to ride with if anyone wants to. I only have a couple friends wih bikes, and they're always too busy.

·
Registered
686 Posts
There are not many riders from Memphis that frequent this forum since most of the posts are from at least 500 miles away. There are tons of Memphis area riders of all abilities. Fortunately, Memphis has Lakeland, Herb Parson’s, Stanky Creek and the Wolf River trail system but the best trails around are over in Arkansas just a short drive away
If you are on facebook try this: http://www.facebook.com/groups/160085047399638/
Or Midsouth Trails association Mid-South Trails Association • Index page

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Daytripper,
I'm moving to Memphis for grad school in a couple weeks and I'm a pretty avid mtn biker. Message me and let me know where/when you guys ride and I'd love to get in a ride with you guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Daytripper,
I'm moving to Memphis for grad school in a couple weeks and I'm a pretty avid mtn biker. Message me and let me know where/when you guys ride and I'd love to get in a ride with you guys.
I still haven't started riding with anyone around here because I have such an erratic schedule, but I ride enough that I can let you know when I'm going a few hours to a day in advance. The forum mentioned above also has a lot of riders from the area. There's a Facebook group called Mid South Mountain Bikes, but they haven't answered my join request yet. Let me know when you're in Memphis and we'll set something up... I'm still a little new to mountain biking, but hopefully I won't slow you down.:D

·
Registered
686 Posts
We usually do fast rides at Lakeland on Tuesdays and at Stanky on Thursdays around 4:30 and do longer rides on the WRT, Herb Parson's and Stanky on the weekends. You just missed the One Lap of Memphis we had a nice turn out this year:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was out of town for the one lap but I'll definitely try next year. I'll see if I can make it to stanky tomorrow. I'd like to see if I can keep up since I haven't ridden with anyone who's very serious about biking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We usually do fast rides at Lakeland on Tuesdays and at Stanky on Thursdays around 4:30 and do longer rides on the WRT, Herb Parson's and Stanky on the weekends. You just missed the One Lap of Memphis we had a nice turn out this year:thumbsup:
The one lap of memphis ride looks awesome! I'm moving down on august 18 so I'll join you guys for rides then. I joined the mid south trails association facebook page so hopefully I can catch some rides when I get down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts