Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
apparently not...

Wish I Were Riding said:
I'm looking for a new saddle for my next bike. I'm really interested in Brooks, but the Ti railed versions are all around $200.

Anybody riding their mnt bike with a Fizik Aliante? I wonder how these $200 saddles would work?

http://www.fizik.it/catalog.aspx?subid=aliante_white_cover_carbon_inserts_titanium
If you're looking to save a few bucks, I'd recommend the Gobi, same shape and comfort (IMO) as the aliante but at a lower cost (along with a slight weight penalty). The Gobi/aliante are the most comfy saddles I've ever tried - and I've pretty much tried 'em all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the Fizik Aliante Gamma on my bike and I really like it. I believe it is the same design as the Aliante, but just a little less money. REI.com has it priced at $135.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the Gobi is 130mm wide, which is just too narrow for my taste.

I've seen the Gamma model at REI and was pretty interested. I'm wondering what makes this saddle a road specific one though. I'm a little worried about using a road saddle off-road. How do you like yours?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wish I Were Riding said:
I believe the Gobi is 130mm wide, which is just too narrow for my taste.

I've seen the Gamma model at REI and was pretty interested. I'm wondering what makes this saddle a road specific one though. I'm a little worried about using a road saddle off-road. How do you like yours?
It just happend to come on my bike, so I really didn't seek it out. I bought a Yeti and they were out of the WTB saddle that came with the build kit, so my local shop put on the Fizik. They gave me the option using the Fizik until the WTB was in stock, or just keeping the Fizik if I liked it. After a couple of rides I decided to keep it.

I probably have about 30 rides with the saddle so far and have no complaints. I usually ride a couple of hours at a time and have never experienced any kind of discomfort. I also don't have any trouble getting behind the saddle on steep decents, etc. Overall I'm very pleased.

Not sure what makes this a "road saddle". The cover seems pretty tough, and mine has plastic edges to prevent abrasions when you lean your bike, etc. I don't think it it bomb-proof, but it seems as tough as other saddles I've used without any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.