Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta get one for me and the missus as we both have scaly pre-cancers in our hairline and need the shade of one of those visors. As I remember, they attached directly to the helmet, 360 degrees.

Any help with this somewhat urgent matter would be greatly appreciated.
TIA, Ray.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, right, winna winna chicken dinner! Yeah, right again!
And Picard, go for it. This exactly what I saw those guys wearing on that hot day in the East County of San Diego, where it do like to bake.....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
How are you dealing with sun coming through the helmet vents? Cover? Lots of hair? Skull cap? Aero ventless helmet?
Skull cap! Thin ones... still want the air to come through. Also helps with wicking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never knew they made this for bike helmets. I know they make something similar for construction hard hats as I've seen people rock them out in the sun.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
442 Posts
I’m going to be honest, and this is just my opinion which means nothing, but those things are objectively f*cking hideous. I’m experiencing empathic embarrassment... I understand the need for sun protection, but wouldn’t a buff be better??

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
I’m going to be honest, and this is just my opinion which means nothing, but those things are objectively f*cking hideous...
Agree. I'd prefer something a little more elegant and refined than a cowboy hat brim, perhaps a Panama hat brim?

·
unrooted
1,299 Posts
I live in a very outdoorsy community and all the old timers are obsessed about sun protection...I should probably too...

·
All fat, all the time.
9,180 Posts
I’m going to be honest, and this is just my opinion which means nothing, but those things are objectively f*cking hideous. I’m experiencing empathic embarrassment... I understand the need for sun protection, but wouldn’t a buff be better??
That's just like, you're opinion, man.

;)

I don't use these on a bike, but I do have a mullet type attachment for my hardhat while working in overly hot places. Makes a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts