Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola fellow S/S brethren. During a 50-mile endurance ride at the San Felasco state preserve (Alachua, FL) a few weekends back, and whilst turning a 32 - 19 gear combo along some rather, dare I say, bumpy up/down terrain on my full rigid SURLY 1x1, the following thought popped into my head, "Man, a set of retro ODI Mushroom grips would really be nice right now!" Hence, the question;

Anybody have any idea where a guy can score some authentic ODI mushroom (BMX style) grips? For those of you with no former BMX experience, these grips were the bomb! :thumbsup:

I've seen a few on ebay, but there seems to be no real source for these anymore. Have they really gone completely by the way-side?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Those would be nice, I like the Oury lock-on's for my rigid monkey.
If you find some, post them here, after you score some for yourself of course.
A search at Qbike.com shows eBay only. **link**

-Dan

·
Registered
51 Posts
florida

mtbker1224 said:
Hola fellow S/S brethren. During a 50-mile endurance ride at the San Felasco state preserve (Alachua, FL) a few weekends back, and whilst turning a 32 - 19 gear combo along some rather, dare I say, bumpy up/down terrain on my full rigid SURLY 1x1, the following thought popped into my head, "Man, a set of retro ODI Mushroom grips would really be nice right now!" Hence, the question;

Anybody have any idea where a guy can score some authentic ODI mushroom (BMX style) grips? For those of you with no former BMX experience, these grips were the bomb! :thumbsup:

I've seen a few on ebay, but there seems to be no real source for these anymore. Have they really gone completely by the way-side?
i was at san felasco for the first time the weekend after the 50 miler. what an awesome place for singlespeeding. first trip with the redline monocog flight. went to the t.o.e. in lakeland next, then alafia. had a great trip all around with 32 x 18, and 100mm in the front. back to south florida now. isn't it funny to read stories of riding in snow and ice, when we're still sweating down here. i am embarassed to admit, i couldn't ride in pensacola at uwf because it was too cold (38deg F, or so). next time i head north, i'll look you up. good luck with the shrooms, they did feel great back in the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.