Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new 2005 888rc. Out of the box I noticed that the stanchions have slight ridges such as the ones under the steer stops only much smaller. I looked at 2 of my friends’ forks as well, one 888r and one 888rc and their stanchions are both perfectly smooth (both of the 888rc's mentioned have not been ridden yet). While compressing both of the rc's next to each other, there is a large difference in overall plush ness (both are brand new 2005's, not broken in or even mounted to a complete bike). Also, not a problem but maybe more of a hint that something may be wrong, the min/max marks on the stanchions are different in length apart between the right and left legs. While compressing the fork through a little more than 1/3 the travel, it emits a clunk where as all 888's I have experienced, including my friend’s, have made the spring compression noise instead. I'm just wondering if any of these problems are normal, why they are happening, and how to get them fixed. The fork should still be under warranty seeing that it has not been ridden at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.