Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking around for information on the 08 Niners. I can't find anything at all. Does anybody know anything such as colors, changes, etc. The ONLY thing I can find is vague info and a few pics about the JET9, which is sweet, but im more interested in the hardtails.

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
The only guys who know for sure are Niner Bikes ... :D

What i'm hoping to see is a new All Mountain frame with 6 inches of travel ... :thumbsup: :D

R.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Far as a little birdie told me there will be no colour changes for 08, but the JET9 should come to the market.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hopefully Niner will chime-in on this thread...

I'm hoping for a scandium hardtail that has both a derailer hanger and an EBB, like a SIR 9 but scandium!

Or easier yet - just take the One 9 and offer it with replacable dropouts for 2008.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Seems to me that Niner (thankfully) isn't into that whole "model year" marketing bullshit that so many buyers have been trained to expect.

I'm kind of a fan of new products popping up as they're ready, and color changes or subtle design improvements "when it's time," and not dictated by the turn of a page of a calander.

I'm most definitely looking forward to the JET9... curious if my wife would have any appreciation for bigger wheels.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
2008 Models

First I would like to apologize for not being as active as we should on this board. We are a 4 man crew at the moment and we all are very busy during the day helping you guys out. While we would love to post and share more it just takes a lot of time. We will try to do a better job posting as time goes on.

Speedhub Nate is correct, we are not into changing our designs or paint colors just because 12 months have past. We do rolling changes if we find something stronger, lighter or more elegant. Paint colors change as we find something new that catches our eye.

We have been getting a lot of emails asking if there are going to be changes for 2008. There are gong to be no major changes to our current line of bikes. I can tell you we have been hard at work and we will have some new prototype bikes to unveil at Interbike. The Jet 9 is in final development and we are getting very close to production.

Oh yeah for all those who have been waiting we have a small amount of R.I.P. 9's in stock and will have more in just 2-3 more weeks. Please see the R.I.P. 9 showroom page to see the two new reviews from the mags on this frame.

http://www.ninerbikes.com/rip9.html

Chris
Niner Bikes

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I agree with Nate on this and believe that is how it should be - introduce stuff when it's needed or when it comes about, not just to say you have something new every 12 months. If I had one request though, it would be to offer a powder coat service for the frames as it is just so much more durable and I believe people would be willing to pay for it - I know I would after the state of my RIP9 after only 1.5 months of "decent" riding.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
LyNx said:
I agree with Nate on this and believe that is how it should be - introduce stuff when it's needed or when it comes about, not just to say you have something new every 12 months. If I had one request though, it would be to offer a powder coat service for the frames as it is just so much more durable and I believe people would be willing to pay for it - I know I would after the state of my RIP9 after only 1.5 months of "decent" riding.
I like Anodized frames as much or more than powdercoat. The finish on my silver Rip and every other Ano frame I've had is bombproof and it's lighter than powdercoat.

Model year changes are a pita and I can't figure out who they benefit, manufacturer, dealer or consumer. My only guess the consumer for closeouts.

If possible I'd like to hear about sizing and geometry for the upcoming Jet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jet Timeframe?

Chris, or anyone else at Niner: Can you confirm when Jets may be avaialble to retailers? Are geometries or specs available? We won't hold you to a projected date, but would really appreciate your best guess.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for the interest in 2008 stuff. As Chris said above, we will have a couple of special things to show at interbike, but aren't leaking anything right now. Any guesses?

With the JET 9, we will be looking to release the new frame for mass consumption by early next year. We're pushing for December but should have them by January 08. We're pretty excited about this bike and I'm glad you are too.

Geometry and color choices will be announced at Interbike.

Steve
Niner Bikes

·
Registered
614 Posts
For 08 I'd like to see demo bikes available (so I can decide if I want to replace my One 9 with the updated version or a SIR, always been curious 'bout the steel) ;)

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Niner Bikes said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the interest in 2008 stuff. As Chris said above, we will have a couple of special things to show at interbike, but aren't leaking anything right now. Any guesses?...

Steve
Niner Bikes
Full suspension singlespeed recumbent freeride tandem! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, Niner needs to offer anodized frames. The paint on my Kermit Sir has chips all over it . I have an anodized trials frames that hold up very well and can asure they get more abuse than my Sir 9 single speed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts