Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's super short notice but is anybody interested in shuttling falls creek falls tomorrow 8/26/11? I drive a van that holds 3-4 bikes and am really flexible on time. Could start anytime between 6am and 11 am. Meet in stevenson or trailhead. First post ride libation is on me. Any takers??? If so pm your # or whatever I will be checking mtbr often....fingers crossed

·
VP/ Terrain Designer
631 Posts
where is this trail you speak of? whats it like, how long, you know, all the pertinent info.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ya, never heard of it. Can you PM me some info? Is it a DH or FR trail? Always happy to check out new trails. Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
My backyard but unfortunately I'm booked with other duties. Falls Creek is about an 18 mile shuttle similar to some of the MBO rides. The shuttle saves you some climbing but you still get a couple chances to earn your downhills. Not a DH or FR trail although there are a few launch points along the way. Mostly just one of the sweetest XC trails around with a great downhill finish that lasts several miles.

Walking Man Brewery is the preferred post-ride carbo loading spot.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rode it as a loop using the road and bushwacked back to my van which saved some time. Once you drop into the old growth sure is sweet! Walkingman is awesome but hit double mountain instead. Next time I ride it will post with shuttle help far in advance.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Rode it as a loop using the road and bushwacked back to my van which saved some time. Once you drop into the old growth sure is sweet! Walkingman is awesome but hit double mountain instead. Next time I ride it will post with shuttle help far in advance.
Glad to hear you had fun, hard not to on that trail. Double Mtn is another great pub as is Everybody's in Stevenson. Pretty rough living out here with so many choices for trails & beer. :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Gee...we simply had big bottles of Sierra Nevada while sittin' in the creek after a lovely out and back.I love that swimmin' spot.Perfect!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
PM me when you wanna ride there again!

Have FUN!

G MAN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts