Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Gunnar Rockhound 29" form Speed Goat in early November and was told it would be about 3 weeks. Begining of December I e-mailed them and got a reply that the frame was scratched and was sent back to Gunnar for repair. I emailed again a couple of days ago and no reply, maybe busy, sick vacation ect. I am becoming uneasy about this and about to bail on them. I bailed on Flyte due to changing timelines. Any thoughts?

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Sven Trials said:
I ordered a Gunnar Rockhound 29" form Speed Goat in early November and was told it would be about 3 weeks. Begining of December I e-mailed them and got a reply that the frame was scratched and was sent back to Gunnar for repair. I emailed again a couple of days ago and no reply, maybe busy, sick vacation ect. I am becoming uneasy about this and about to bail on them. I bailed on Flyte due to changing timelines. Any thoughts?
Speedgoat are a reputable bunch. Be patient--you're not asking them for a Specialized...

MC

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Sven Trials said:
'Tis the Season!, if you know what I mean.

Call 'em if you need instant gratification, Speedgoat has always been good for me. They did take the ball and not send you a scratch and dent frame, no? If they hadn't done that you would probably be at the same point, or later if they'd shipped you the frame, you opened the box, called for an RA number, shipped frame back and they still had to ship the frame back to Gunnar.

Monte

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Speedgoat is a great shop and will treat you right. I've ordered several frames and bikes from them over the years and have not had any problems.

They can sometimes be a little slow on email, so you may want to call as others have suggested.

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
I just bought a Titus Super-Moto from them in November and they were easy to deal with and ready to talk. My e-mail were all replied to pretty quick (even by Chris, the owner) but the phone is the best bet to get quick information. Nothing but good dealing with them, give them a call.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think the holidays give them fits

I ordered a KM from them last November. Took forever to get here, and when it did, it was missing the fork and much of the remainder of my order was wrong. I called them and they didn't seem too concerned about it. Didn't expedite shipping on the fork (yep, I asked) but of course they did correct the incorrect stuff they'd also sent. It didn't keep me from ordering form them again and every other experience has been good, but also it's all been small stuff. So maybe being a brick-and-mortar store as well as a major mail order outfit just overtaxes their capacity sometimes. I think they're honest and just screw the pooch sometimes. I'm sure they'll do right by you.

Good luck.

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
They are my shop of choice when I mail order. Matter of fact, I believe most of my Christmas presents are coming from them (not that I've been peeking). Never any problems and far more knowledgeable than most of the others. This time of year can be real busy for them. If you're concerned call them. Rest assured, they will take care of you.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've met owner and a few of the staff. Stand up folks, the whole lot. I'm sure Christmas is slowing things down. The brick and mortar shop is really very, very little of their business.

My guess: they shipped the frame back to Gunnar, and promptly forgot about it. Gunnar hasn't told them anything, so when you emailed, the contacted Gunnar and are waiting for a response.

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,816 Posts
Excellent service. Fair prices. Always willing to give advice. Although I can often find lower prices elsewhere, I typically purchase through them because of their professionalism. The owner even let me take his personal ride for a demo. I've been waiting for a backordered shipment of tubes for almost a month which is unusual for them. Tis the season.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you want a repaired frame?

Sven:

I'm sure you've probably thought of this, but do you really want a frame that's been repaired? Sounds like it wasn't anything major, but Gunnars aren't cheap. What about calling speedgoat and asking them to just order you a new Gunnar since the one that arrived was damaged?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Sounds like they're taking care of you. They're sending the frame back because it isn't right. It will take a little more time but your frame will be right. Some shops would probably just send it to you hoping you wouldn't notice or wouldn't go to the trouble to send it back to them. I ordered an Asylum from them and it was perfectly preped, shipped the same day, etc. They have actually advised me not to buy parts in the past based on their experience of it not working for them. If something is unreliable or doesn't perform as advertised they have always told me up front about any concerns before taking my order. As far as I know there probably isn't a better 29er shop out there mail order or otherwise.

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
pswann said:
I'm sure you've probably thought of this, but do you really want a frame that's been repaired? Sounds like it wasn't anything major, but Gunnars aren't cheap. What about calling speedgoat and asking them to just order you a new Gunnar since the one that arrived was damaged?
Since Speedgoat sent the frame back to Gunnar after receiving the frame from Gunnar I'm sure he'll get a good frame back, whether it's a different one, or the same with repaired paint. I wouldn't think Gunnar would send out a knackered frame repair.

Monte

·
Hup, Hup
536 Posts
Sven Trials said:
Patience grasshopper.

I feel your pain, playing the waiting game sucks. But when it comes to a great group like Speedgoat, you should have no worries.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.