Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
joes value

Diesel said:
Who is Joe? Where were they made? How much are they worth?

Thanks,
100 - 250 on ebay depending on the condition, color and a bit of luck on how many bidders show up.

Blue and silver seem to bring a bit more, some of the other colors seem to be less popular.

email me if you've got one forsale.

-mtnwing
TS1(at)mountainbikes(dot)net
www.carbonbicycles.com

Searching for:
Miyata or Koga Miyata Carbon Elevation Full Suspension
Intense M-1 93/94 era with mac strut
Crosstrac Sonoma

·
Registered
276 Posts
USA built in mid nineties. Joes were built around the same era 93-96 as Pauls CNC Derailleurs, Rhino derailleurs, Precision Billet Deraillerus, and White Industries Derailleurs. All CNC'd and USA made. None ever made it big time as they were expensive and never shifted quite as well as Shimano, (with perhaps the exception of the White which was very finicky on setup and adjustment but shifted great).

-mtnwing

mtnwing said:
100 - 250 on ebay depending on the condition, color and a bit of luck on how many bidders show up.

Blue and silver seem to bring a bit more, some of the other colors seem to be less popular.

email me if you've got one forsale.

-mtnwing
TS1(at)mountainbikes(dot)net
www.carbonbicycles.com

Searching for:
Crosstrac Sonoma

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,908 Posts
mtnwing said:
Searching for:
Crosstrac Sonoma
I seem to recall i sold you my blue one for somewhere in that range.

A caveat...wasn't the 1993 Intense called the Spyder? I don't think they started producing frames called the M1 until the late 90s. The Spyder was setup for an ActionTec ProShock also as memory serves (missed out on one on ebay a year ago).

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
DeeEight said:
I seem to recall i sold you my blue one for somewhere in that range.

A caveat...wasn't the 1993 Intense called the Spyder? I don't think they started producing frames called the M1 until the late 90s. The Spyder was setup for an ActionTec ProShock also as memory serves (missed out on one on ebay a year ago).
Are you talking about the frame of the pro shock, cause I believe they still make the pro shock.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,908 Posts
No, I'm talking about the fork. Several other frame builders have offered frames SPECIFICALLY to take the Proshocks, Curtlo for one, and Intense for another. The original Intense model, called the Spyder, was a Mac-strut bike with a Proshock front end.

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
Here's mine...

Had the idea to install it on my Ti hardtail. First ride made me decide to get the XTR unit I had still lying around. The Joe's has several issue's;

first; the limit screws on the back are loosely in the alu. They will fall out after several rides since the thread just like an ordinary bolt. So no resitance to keep them in place if you know what I mean.

second; the main pivot with which you will install the der. onto your frame, has no spring. This means that the total chaintension has to come from the only spring that is mounted in the joint between the parrallels and the cage where the pulley's are installed. For some reason the der. not being able to swivle freely around its main pivot with some spring action to back it up, limits this der. in shifting smoothly.

I also have the ProShift unit. This one with GoreTex installed gave me a very good impresion and wins the toss over the Joe's when comparing them with the Japanese stuff. I used it on my DeKerf Suspension '95 and it did not give the impression of being less precize in doing its job than its mass produced counterparts. The ProShift also features a adjustable spring load in the main parallel construction. The same as on the earlier XTR units. The Joe's didn't have that either. Don't know for sure if Paul had that adjustment, but it can be handy when your cable gets more rub due usage.

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
DeeEight said:
I think you are right. The first FS frame I saw was an Amp B3 clone if I remember right, and that was 92-93 with the Proshock. Then came the M1. Then a different version of the M1 around 96 with shorter rear stays and slacker seat tube angle. And then the version Palmer rode with the swing link (that according to MBA weighted around 32 pounds with Magura hydraulics and Boxxers, very light!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts