Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize by now that the singlespeeders are obviously the best kind of bike people. And I also realize that bike polo is typically a singlespeed thing, another reason we are the best. I play, absolutely love it. I've almost got too many stories to share, funny, scary, weird, one about riding fixed through traffic up a huge hill (then back down) for a plastic fork. So I'm interested, if anyone here is cool enough to play, do you care to share some stories? Pics of your bike polo rig? Your kickass homemade polo mallets? Or anything else bike polo related? I'm in a bit of a rush trying to get out the door now, thought I'd post this while it was fresh on my mind, and later on I will get some pics up, stories told, etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
193 Posts
at least with mtn. biking I can tell my employer that I got hurt mtn. biking. If i got hurt playing bike polo they would be like, wtf man. :madmax:

i don't play. a bunch of guys play around here. their mallets consist of ski poles attached to pvc pipe or something. not all of them ride fixed and many of them have both brakes actuated by a one handed lever.

·
Registered
259 Posts
One time I was playing bike polo in regular shorts and I ended up with a lot of chafing...

Wait, it wasn't funny at all.

Bike polo is great practice for slow speed maneuvering, track stands, etc. And it's a great way to mess up your primo wheels (we played with something like a croquet ball)

·
Ovaries on the Outside
4,424 Posts
sasquatch rides a SS said:
If you haven't played, don't add your 2 cents :thumbsup: it's one of those things you actually have to try to realize how fun it is.
I have fun being an *******, so I figured that counted enough to comment, especially since I figured you'd ignore me.

Anywho, polo away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.