Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Available in North America now, straight from Zerode themselves. $3500 for frame, RC4, gearbox, shifter, cassete. Figure in you won't need a chain guide, a rear derailleur, or cassette, I figure its pretty reasonable. I'm far away from getting a new frame but would love to ride one some time. Being able to supposedly shift seamlessly under full load seems awesome.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had one and ridden it all season.

The only negative is that the bike is heavy and you have to talk about it in the lift line all the time

It is very very stiff and tracks true and corners great

The high pivot works beutifully - very smooth and composed through the rough. It allways feels composed and in control. Braking is very neutral. It carries speed well when landing jumps and through the rough.

Pedalling is very neutral and very good in the rough

Drivetrain maintenance is very minimal

I was coming from an Aluminum V-10 and am really happy with the switch.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is the zerode made of steel? i know that means it will be heavier but also have a longer life than an aluminum frame. if the paint is scratched or chipped, will the steel rust? I am definitely a buyer next frame replacement. I see alot without the skid plate over the shocks piggy back, did yours come with one?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
is the zerode made of steel? i know that means it will be heavier but also have a longer life than an aluminum frame. if the paint is scratched or chipped, will the steel rust? I am definitely a buyer next frame replacement. I see alot without the skid plate over the shocks piggy back, did yours come with one?
Aluminum and they include the Carbon skid plate and also updated Ti bolt kits!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.