Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
hellrazor
39 Posts
hi. i just saw a 19" pimpin bass boat orange 1998 homegrown on ebay. new off the floor (been sittin a while i guess)...heres the catch- my man wants 1500$ ... american!!!
its mostly xt w/ an xtr rear der. you gotta c it!
greg

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thank you! I just bought one. Found it on craigslist. It's bone stock, as it came from the factory. Even has the old Judy SL on it and the terrible RockShox front dics:thumbsup: but the bike is hardly ridden. I'll start upgrading and it should be one *****ing rig when I'm done

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aspen Colorado. I was a little nervous, talked to him on the phone and it turned out to be a great traqnsaction and the guy was super nice and stand up. I got it and it's great!

·
Registered
57 Posts
How did you work the pay/shipping?

I found what appears to be a nice Homegrown on Craigslist but it's 6 hours (each way) from me. Shipping works out to be cheaper than driving half way.

So now i'm trying to figure out how to pay to make sure i get what i'm paying for. Maybe i should pay half up front and the other half after receiving/inspecting.

Anyway, what did you do for pay/shipping?

Thanks,
John

BTW, i was interested in your bike but it sold too soon. Bummer too because you were only an hour away from me.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found mine on Craigslist also but it was in Colorado and I was in NJ! I took a chance and sent him a check because he didn't accept PayPal. I spoke to the buyer on the phone and I got a good feeling but I was still nervous. I would suggest PayPal so you have some protection (kinda). I mis my homegrown :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I asked the seller if he would ship through his LBS and I will pay UPS COD upon delivery. That way I at least have the bike shop backing up his claim and they are boxing & shipping.
BTW, I think yours was a 19" how tall are you? The one I'm trying to buy is a 21" black/gold & I'm 6ft 2in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shift96,

Were you able to sell your bike local or did you have to ship. If you shipped how much did it cost you and what size box did you use?
I have decided I would prefer a 19" and have located one, however I need to have it shipped. Just curious about cost & box size since it would be the same size/weight of yours.

Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ended up buying one from Arizona...this thing is sweet (1999 19" Homegrown Factory Team with Fox F100x)
It cost $50 to ship but that is waaay cheaper than gas.
Thanks for the help & input:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gotta love homegrowns

I've been reading a lot lately about homegrowns. It seems like they are making a huge come back. I must admit, I have a homegrown addiction. I now have 11 of them. My pride is a 97 factory bassboat blue. I'm still looking for a factory 19" killer tomato red hardtail. anyone seen one around?

and...has anyone seen any of the aluminum bushings with the red coating for the HG FS?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.