Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
injured reserve list
619 Posts
Yes that type of stand held up my 30lbs+ mtb bike fine on flat ground. Are you missing walls on your house to lean your bike against?

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that type of stand held up my 30lbs+ mtb bike fine on flat ground. Are you missing walls on your house to lean your bike against?
LOL, no but this would help prevent it from falling over.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the Feedback to be a little awkward, with the spring loaded roller thing on the back tire. I prefer these to keep the bikes standing up in the house.
That's what I was wondering too . . . I think a simple stand with no moving parts will work just fine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just ordered one from Amazon yesterday. Should have it by the end of the day today.

I'm currently using one of these and it sucks. My tire barely fits and it messes up my spokes if the bike isn't sitting in it perfectly.

The new stand should eliminate these issues. If I remember, I'll post back once I start using it.

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
I bought one of the Racor racks. It sits pretty firmly and allows a couple of bikes to sit together. You can even mount multiples together to make a longer rack.

I have it in my single car garage (which is the bike garage) and have our tandem and my brother-in-laws cheap mountain bike stored on it. It handles the weight of those two things just fine. Holds the tandem just fine in spite of it's length.

Racor PBS-2R Two-Bike Floor Bike Stand

Attachments

·
Competent User
612 Posts
I've got that stand, and it holds up my Camber 29 wonderfully. Maxxis Ardent 2.4 in the back, and Purgatory 2... something in front. It's a neat little device.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got that stand, and it holds up my Camber 29 wonderfully. Maxxis Ardent 2.4 in the back, and Purgatory 2... something in front. It's a neat little device.
I have the black version of the "Feedback Sports Bicycle Display Stand" which I use it with my Camber 29, which works great.
Any issues with the spring arm mechanism? Is it easy to use?

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
i made one out of pvc pipe and it works great...i made it adjustable so it'll take every bike from road to my fatbike. mine will hold 4 bikes, i use it in my garage and as a pickup bed rack

but i'm not sure my wife would ever let it in the house...it's fugly!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any issues with the spring arm mechanism? Is it easy to use?
None at all, it actually works very well, it really grips the tire in there, easy to use. :thumbsup:
It holds road bikes well too.

Sometimes people lean their bike up against mine when it is in the stand,
and I'm concerned that it might twist the rim, so try to avoid that.

-Aaron

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've been using mine since I got it a few days ago. It is very stable and no issues at all with the spring arm. My rear tire fits without issues and is held tightly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Feedback stand and so does my girlfriend. It barely fits my 2.4 tire, but it works great. We even use them to transport the bikes upright in her minivan (with the help of bungee cords).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts