Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the bolt size is on the ODI locking grips? I measured at 3.5mmx10 but talk about a tough to find size,... I'm only asking as they ARE locked on to an '04 Burner, just to keep it in the proper forum and all. ;)

(they are rusting and I'd like to find a stainless or ti version)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slowrider said:
My lockons use a 2.5mm allen. Thread length is 10mm. Thread max width measures 3mm. Dont know the thread pitch
2.5 That's the allen wrench size mine uses also. I need the actual bolt size. When I measured I got between 3.0 and 3.5 and 10mm long. Of course ODI won't give it up. I guess I buy one and see. Thanks for checking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorgie said:
I don't know what size they are, but I thought they were stainless?:confused: You can get replacements from ODI if you don't feel like searching all over. http://www.odigrips.com/lock-onreplacementbolts.aspx
Looking at the rating thread that goes back several years, that seemed to be the case. I'm wondering if they switched to the stronger non-stainless because of all the complaints of bolts stripping, or maybe just the Oury's or maybe my Karma...:) Interesting, friend has set on his sled, year older, ride together all the time, his aren't...back to Karma. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.