Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 years on and my 2005/6 5-Spot is still going strong. I've just received it back from Turner with lovely new coat of Johnny's Blue paint and hope to get a few more years out of it yet.

Unfortunately during the strip down I noticed quite a bit of wear at the pivot point on the main (chain stay) swing arm. Only to be expected after 9 years service I suppose. This wear has put a bit of slack in the system so during the rebuild I had to to over torque the pivot bolts to stop any side-to-side movement.

So my question, as the tread title suggests. Does anybody have the bottom swing arm from a horst link 5-Spot sitting around that they'd be willing to part with and help ship to the UK? Obviously I'm looking for one with no obvious, or minimal, wear. I'm happy to pay sensible money to keep my 5-Spot rolling. Polished would be ideal but I'll take anything I can get to be honest as I know this is a long shot.

Cheers.

Gregor

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
I have a 06 FAUX chain/seat stay rear end. But, if it were me i'd with the 08' for the 5.5 rockers and tire clearance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news. I managed to pick up a large (I ride a medium) horst link frame off ebay for less than £200. I've checked the pivot point and wear is minimal. It will look good on my garage wall and if I need a new swing arm it's sitting ready to swap out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts