Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to ride, and I figured that the east bay parks gonna be all muddy, so I'm tempted to go to CC early (about 8am) Sunday morning. Anybody else crazy enough to get up that early on a Sunday?

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
zorg said:
I need to ride, and I figured that the east bay parks gonna be all muddy, so I'm tempted to go to CC early (about 8am) Sunday morning. Anybody else crazy enough to get up that early on a Sunday?
I might be. I have a ride possibly tomorrow evening at Chabot with parts of the Briones Mafia.
Say, since you are in the Bay Area, what are you doing the weekend of the May 14th?
I'm looking to fill out a few more spots on the third Briones Mafia Team for 24 Hours of Adrenaline. It will be strictly a for fun participation. Everybody on the team is a first timer to either racing or a 24 hour event.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
STrackMike said:
I might be. I have a ride possibly tomorrow evening at Chabot with parts of the Briones Mafia.
Say, since you are in the Bay Area, what are you doing the weekend of the May 14th?
I'm looking to fill out a few more spots on the third Briones Mafia Team for 24 Hours of Adrenaline. It will be strictly a for fun participation. Everybody on the team is a first timer to either racing or a 24 hour event.
I'd love to do it, but I can't ride that week-end. However, I'll make sure to be part of it next year.

As for CC, I plan on doing the backside, if I can find my way around it.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mandatory post ride pics

Thanks Bigtrees for the ride. The singletracks were very sweet and the weather was perfect.

1) Bigtrees
2) Myself
3) My noble steed
4) San Rafael and hills

Attachments

·
Paper or plastic?
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cohenfive said:
looks like you guys were on the back side today. i've still never ridden that...looks like a blast!! nice pix.
We sure were. Weather was near perfect this morning. Just get up extra early next time and join us.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Dang...

zorg said:
We sure were. Weather was near perfect this morning. Just get up extra early next time and join us.
I stuck to the front side, and was getting kinda bored. I'm worried about doing the back side solo in case of unforseen kinda stuff. I lollygagged all day today and got out there kinda late and I only got in one long lap. I need a new loop.

I was starting to do the upper trail down to where it meets the fireroad, then climbing that to the Nike Site. Back down the other side, meet up with the upper trail again and finish the loop down Oak Ridge Trail. Total distance of that loop is around 16 miles with a bunch of steep semi-techy climbing.

Heck, I need new ride-after-work trails!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.