Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's wife has a 2001 Enduro Expert. Her bottom bracket is way too low and she is always smacking her pedals on something. I've ridden it before and I really don't like it just because of that. I was wondering if anybody has ever flip-flopped this linkage and what were the results? What kind of BB clearance did you get? What did it do to the ride? Climbing, descending? etc.? Anybody? Thanks.

p.s. My 2003 Enduro geometry is way better.

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
Endoman said:
My friend's wife has a 2001 Enduro Expert. Her bottom bracket is way too low and she is always smacking her pedals on something. I've ridden it before and I really don't like it just because of that. I was wondering if anybody has ever flip-flopped this linkage and what were the results? What kind of BB clearance did you get? What did it do to the ride? Climbing, descending? etc.? Anybody? Thanks.

p.s. My 2003 Enduro geometry is way better.
Doesn't the '00/'01 Enduro look like a FSR XC with a link that looks more like a BETD link (multiple travel/head angle positions)? I wouldn't think you'd want to flip that style of link over.

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Yes Flipp and Flopp

EnduroMan,

I would highly suggest that you flip and flop the shock link. I too used to bank my crank on rocks and even the ground. Once I flipped and flopped the link all my problems went away. Sure I still bang rocks every now and again but now like before. The bike handles great. The steering angle changes but I don't notice the change that much. The most noticable effects on the bike are the BB height. Good luck!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have too

The BB height was ~13.5in and you get around 4in of travel (with the shock mounted on the hole closest to BB, ie bottom RHS while looking from the RHS of the bike). I find that the headangle was too steep (front was diving more and was using a pair of Manitou x-verts air fork) and BB too high for my liking I drilled out the holes in the aluminium bushes to 10mm (lower) and 8 mm (upper) this lowered the BB a touch (~13") I and rode it that way a bit as my trail bike which I liked.

My GF uses that frame now with 170mm cranks and the link plate in the normal position using the 3.8" travel and high BB shock mounting, it was fine for her.

Cheers
Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts