Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my homies have been hitting the road bike hard for the past month or so, in prepartion for the Zion Country Century at the end of the month. On Friday, I turned to my first love, to let out a little frustration.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I hear you. We've had an unusually wet and cold winter here leaving all of our trails snow packed or muddy.

The only thing worse than road riding is road riding on your Highline just trying to get some miles in.

Nice pix BTW.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
nope

;)

got 225 miles and 15 hrs on the road a week ago in socal. couldn't wait to come home and keep up the momentum (460 miles, 71 of those miles on dirt, since 01/01/07).......unfortunately, it's been in the low 40s (cold for GA) and the bronchitis fairy came to visit me so now i'd be happy just to be able to walk up the stairs without coughing. :(

any ride is better than no ride. :)

rt

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I wish I was on the bike at all. The roads are covered with salt, and with the windchill, it currently feels like -27 C.

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
*rt said:
........unfortunately, it's been in the low 40s (cold for GA) and the bronchitis fairy came to visit me so now i'd be happy just to be able to walk up the stairs without coughing. :(
rt
Awww ya big gerl ! It was -16c here in SW Ont today and windy (that's about 5f) with a windchill of about -30 so I packed up the trackbike and did 42k here. I was there Thursday night for 60k too. It was 10c inside (50f?) and almost shorts temperature.

I damn-near died while loading the bike in the parking lot. A cup o' Tim's never felt so good.

Ahhhh yess -

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
I really enjoyed my road ride today. The air was crisp and in the fifties when I left, and maybe 65F by the time I got home. Beautiful desert scenery all around. Not looking forward to May, though, when it is too hot to ride after 9 or 10am.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a trail called the "Barrel Trail". It traverses the Mesa just to the west of the Bear Claw Poppy trail in St. George. The trail is not well known or well marked, but it happens to be the funnest ride in St. George proper. Team Sanchez has spent several hours adding new features to a small area we refer to as the "South Shore". A couple other shots of the shore:

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
El Chingon said:
It's a trail called the "Barrel Trail".
I have come across the name on other threads of where to ride but couldn't find any info on it. Thanks for beta. Looks like you guys (Team Sanchez) have put in some cool stunts. Hopefully I can find the trail when I'm down in April.

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
Are you kidding me? You've got temps in the 50s 60s and 70s and dry trails that look like that and you're riding ROAD?

For shame. I'd kill to have something to ride besides my trainer.

Oh and cool pics. I was in your neck of the woods yesterday and it was kinda nippy at 7:00 am (27 deg F) for St.George.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
Mike T. said:
Awww ya big gerl ! It was -16c here in SW Ont today and windy (that's about 5f) with a windchill of about -30 so I packed up the trackbike and did 42k here. I was there Thursday night for 60k too. It was 10c inside (50f?) and almost shorts temperature.

I damn-near died while loading the bike in the parking lot. A cup o' Tim's never felt so good.

Ahhhh yess -
you need to check out the track outside LA. ammmmmazing!

pffth. -30? and you didn't go outside? sissy.

:p

rt

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's nice to live where you can do either road or mountain in the winter.
I was able to clock 105 miles on the road solo this past Saturday and 35 on the trails Super Bowl Sunday. 10+ hours in two days. It was chilly both days, but since the water bottles weren't freezing, just a nice gatorade slushy in the mountains, you're still able to ride.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
I would LOVE to ride a road bike right now. I would love to ride ANY bike outside. I am currently at a place where bikes are verboten by the leadership. The only miles that I have been getting in have been on one of these watching old episodes of The Best Damn Sports Show.

I saw a local riding a rediculously clunky old cruiser today as I was heading in for work and felt truly envious.

I will be getting a new SS for myself as reward for all of the suffering;)

Three more months!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm sick and tired of the trainer, but have been making myself feel better by doing maintenance on the bikes. I've got a road bike that's actually road-worthy for the first time ever...

·
Hup, Hup
536 Posts
I am riding the road bike although it is on the rollers. I can't wait for the snow, ice, salt, and sand to go away so I can get out for some long road rides.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Not really..

El Chingon said:
Me and my homies have been hitting the road bike hard for the past month or so, in prepartion for the Zion Country Century at the end of the month. On Friday, I turned to my first love, to let out a little frustration.
still able to commute during the week. i swear its keeping me SANE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.