Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last fall my sig other realized how much fun I had mtn biking and decided she wanted to join me on some regular rides. She's a bit afraid of heights, so it would just be easy fire roads and such. No problem as it seemed to be a reason to spend some quality time together. My fear, which ended up coming true, was that her bike a Specialized Myka, would and did become a garage queen. After the first couple of rides around the neighborhood and a couple along the Coyote Creek bike path up to Hellyer Lake, she decided that it wasn't for her.

Now that summer is here, going out for a ride on the weekends for a couple of miles is too much. She's not out of shape, goes the gym regularly, does yoga. But the "biking bug" left her.

Any suggestions? Other than posting the bike in the "Stuff for your NorCal friends" thread.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
OP - My situation is different. My wife really has no interest whatsoever and really never has expressed any. In fact she thinks I am over the top on the whole "bike thing". So, no garage queen here. In fact when I was reading, I was wondering hey I wonder if his 'sig other' is like 6'4" and that frame is XL so I can make an offer!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ive got a similiar situation(sort of). A buddy of mine moved back to NJ and left his trek in my garage. It may not be a garage "queen", but maybe a "prince"? Its a bit to big for me at 21", so its just collecting dust...I think my bike makes fun of it when I take her out and the trek stays home.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a woman's small. Probably has less than 5 miles on it.

I actually meant to post this in the NorCal forum, so if there's any mods out there that can move it, this, that would be great. Otherwise, I'm sure there's other folks out there with this problem.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
My 'cross bike spends most of the year in the basement. Maybe it's more like a "garage chrysalis," waiting to metamorphosize into a muddy butterfly for four months before whatever's left goes back in the basement and I try to get it back to good shape in time to do it all over again.

One of my friends got an old Miyata a few years ago. It was going to be really cool! According to him... then he decided that this thing and that thing weren't really working right and he needed to fix it up. Then someone needed some brake levers. It's like it's gone to seed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts