Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say from late November to early April, it's cold, and my bike rarely sees daylight.
What can I say, I don't like cold, day light savings sucks, and it's gloomy most of the time.
Anyone else on this boat?

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
I'm not a big fan of all the rain and mud...in fact this recent cold spell we had in the NW was wonderful. I can deal with cold just fine, and snow really doesn't bother me (in moderation). In fact, unlike most people around me who were *****ing about the snow, I was quite enjoying it over the holiday season. But now were back to heavy rain and nasty mud and I don't like being wet and muddy.

And can't we all be like Arizona and just fricken keep our clocks set to one time all year 'round!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I hate winter more than anything! I love heat, I dont care how hot it is, I love it! I love a blue sky on a hot, 115 degree day more than anything! I like it so hot that it feels like the world will burst into flames at any moment! I love jumping into a river and sitting on the bank with an ice cold Pacifico in my hand!
I use to like winter when I skied, unfortunatly I broke my back and cant do hat anymore so there really is no reason for winter to exist as far as Im concerned. It simply blows! Winter is ugly, dark, wet and cold. My shop is freezing unless I turn on my loud as hell space heater, my nat gas bill is $150 a month just for heat. Every injury I have ever recieved occured because of winter, brocken arm, broken leg, broken ribs, all from ice! I grill everynight, winter or not and I hate standing outside cooking in the winter but I love grilled food more.
I cant wait for summer to arrive! The first day it gets warm I am packing up the bikes and camper and hitting the road. This is my favorite thing and I didnt build it to sit under snow! As soon as summer get here I will be living in it every weekend! Winter sucks ASS!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
I'm not a big fan of all the rain and mud...in fact this recent cold spell we had in the NW was wonderful. I can deal with cold just fine, and snow really doesn't bother me (in moderation). In fact, unlike most people around me who were *****ing about the snow, I was quite enjoying it over the holiday season. But now were back to heavy rain and nasty mud and I don't like being wet and muddy.

And can't we all be like Arizona and just fricken keep our clocks set to one time all year 'round!
I don't mind snow when it's coming down, but anything more than a dusting, and it creates havoc in the city, and everything gets messy and ugly quick. I don't find riding my bike in the cold enjoyable, but that's me. You're absolutely right with daylight savings. Just follow AZ.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aaron04 said:
I hate winter more than anything! I love heat, I dont care how hot it is, I love it! I love a blue sky on a hot, 115 degree day more than anything! I like it so hot that it feels like the world will burst into flames at any moment! I love jumping into a river and sitting on the bank with an ice cold Pacifico in my hand!
I use to like winter when I skied, unfortunatly I broke my back and cant do hat anymore so there really is no reason for winter to exist as far as Im concerned. It simply blows! Winter is ugly, dark, wet and cold. My shop is freezing unless I turn on my loud as hell space heater, my nat gas bill is $150 a month just for heat. Every injury I have ever recieved occured because of winter, brocken arm, broken leg, broken ribs, all from ice! I grill everynight, winter or not and I hate standing outside cooking in the winter but I love grilled food more.
I cant wait for summer to arrive! The first day it gets warm I am packing up the bikes and camper and hitting the road. This is my favorite thing and I didnt build it to sit under snow! As soon as summer get here I will be living in it every weekend! Winter sucks ASS!
Couldn't have said it better myself. :D
I played golf in 113 degree weather and felt great. Granted I didn't play the full 18 because I was the only nutjob playing and was getting lonely out there, but I got a great deal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
well being a proper wisconsee-an i like the winter, the change of seasons are great, i enjoy the snow for snowboarding and pond hockey and i would much much much rather have it be -20 out than 95 degrees with 100% humidity...heck i would even take 45 below (with wind chill factor) cuz i can always add layers to be outside but being way too hot sucks!

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Suck it up or move. Quit whining. Learn how to snowboard or ski. You can't appreciate daylight without nighttime. Ditto summer without winter. Nobody likes a pansy.

Hey, you asked for opinions and that's mine.
;)

·
No known cure
6,216 Posts
I love winter. There's three ski resorts near the house and I can be strapped in within 15 minutes, or I can drive down the hill to sunny 75 degree singletrack and be clipped in within 20 minutes. The only problem is that I have to share with a kabillion other people.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
davis said:
Suck it up or move. Quit whining. Learn how to snowboard or ski. You can't appreciate daylight without nighttime. Ditto summer without winter. Nobody likes a pansy.

Hey, you asked for opinions and that's mine.
;)
Can't move due to my job. I played ice hockey for 10 years, but don't have the time for it plus my body physically can't play the sport anymore. I took a snowboarding and skiing lesson and tried to get into both, but didn't like either one, even though I picked it up quick after only 1 lesson. Winters are too long and the summers are too short imo.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Rigid said:
Aaron04,
What a nice looking teardrop trailer! I love those things. I want to get a small one for my Mini Cooper. The bikes can go in the car.
bruce b.
Thanks! You can build one for almost nothing. A small one could be built for around $600, mine cost me about $1500 because it is fully self contained (except a toilet), I built mine during the winter because it was too cold to go outside, that's all winter is good for, building stuff in the shop. Aaron

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vader said:
I love winter. There's three ski resorts near the house and I can be strapped in within 15 minutes, or I can drive down the hill to sunny 75 degree singletrack and be clipped in within 20 minutes. The only problem is that I have to share with a kabillion other people.
I'll take the 75 degree route. :cool:
When I tried out skiing a few times, it sucked, but the long lines made it suck even more.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
...we're having a weird winter down here in FL... my van said it was 79* as i was getting to the trail... last week it was up in the mid 80's... i like these temps... but it'll be cold here soon :(...

come summer it's going to suck though... :(

·
Registered
802 Posts
I love the cold. Hoping it gets colder soon and freezes the ground because this endless rain and mud sucks. My frisbee golf course has 3" deep mud anytime you get within 20' of a hole or tee and the trails are and absolute mess and I haven't ridden them for at least a month and a half. Thank god for Ray's and the road.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
donalson said:
...we're having a weird winter down here in FL... my van said it was 79* as i was getting to the trail... last week it was up in the mid 80's... i like these temps... but it'll be cold here soon :(...

come summer it's going to suck though... :(
FL during the summer can be brutal with the humidity, but at least you have the option of riding real early.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
bwheelin said:
FL during the summer can be brutal with the humidity, but at least you have the option of riding real early.
but that means getting up real early... yuck... i hope to pick up a decent light system and do the after dark bits :)... buggies and stuff aren't as bad after dark to boot...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.