Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
President of the Internet
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some folks forged the mud and water a few months ago. I never got around to trying it then and want to give it a shot. Anybody been across it lately?

Course, come summer it may just be a rock jump across...

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Probably too deep now. The lake has come up significantly.

·
Cheesiest
1,611 Posts
I swam for a couple hundred yards last weekend and there seemed to be plenty of water to make a crossing necessitate something that floats. It's still scarily low level though.

·
mtb'er
4,202 Posts
The lake is at 410' elevation... which means you can't cross Hidden Bridge between Sweetwater and Salmon Falls w/o getting wet. If I recall, the lake needs to be around 406' for a dry crossing.

But yeah... unless April and May are really wet, the lake could look as empty this July as it was this past February :eekster:

CDEC - Data Application

·
President of the Internet
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lake is at 410' elevation... which means you can't cross Hidden Bridge between Sweetwater and Salmon Falls w/o getting wet. If I recall, the lake needs to be around 406' for a dry crossing.

But yeah... unless April and May are really wet, the lake could look as empty this July as it was this past February :eekster:

CDEC - Data Application
The bridge was wide open when I was out there last week. But we've had some precip since.

It will be interesting to see of the lake gets that low again and that mud dries up.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts