Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this forum went dead this week. Does it has anything to do with the elections? I'm far away from home without knowing much on the elections, and worse, from all of you. If you don't have anything to post, at least just tell some jokes or something.

Anyway, I went to a bike shop down here, and didn't saw much. Some Fuji bikes, some Cannondale F-600 to F-300 hardtails, local brands, RST forks, not much else. People are riding in the streets without any helmets. It seems the helmet police is taking a slow way down here.

Really the girls are very pretty down here. It's not that all of them are pretty, but it's that most of them are. On the restaurants, it seems that they only know how to serve four things: meat, pizza, pasta and empanadas. It's very good, but you can get tired of roasted beef, whew, never thought I would. jajajaja

I'm hungry, going to have dinner at 'Puerto Madero', which is a very nice area. mmm yummy!

The city has a lot of european influence, mostly french and italian. The buildings and most of the streets are very french, while the cuisine is italian. On the streets, there are only two flavours: very narrow or very wide (9 or 10 one way lanes).

When you go to a cinema, they work similar to London, when you buy a ticket, you choose a seat. So you go with an assigned seat before you enter the cinema.

I went to 'Teatro Colon', took a tour and was impressed. Very nice and very nice accoustic. Most of the materials were brought from France, Italy, Belgium and elsewhere. It must have been a very hard endeavour, considering it was build at the beggining of last century and had to be shipped down here to Buenos Aires, I guess it must have been harder than for us in Mexico.

Yesterday I went to 'El Tigre', which is part of the suburbs, and it's an area of isles in the delta of the river.

Anyway, post something! jajajajajajajaja:D :D

·
Mexican e-rider
977 Posts
Comrade Rzozaya, good to hear from you, please say hello to comrade Chavez!!!

Looks like the revolution over the evil capitalist pigs has finally won and we are very close to instituting the dictatorship of the proletariate! Our class strugle has finally reached its turning point and now we will punish all those who ride anything better than a Turbo (of course this does not apply to us members of the comunist -er- sorry, the PRD party)! I hope all of you see the light as I have and embrace the revolution!

Long live the people!!!

Mada

(This is all of course a joke, as I write this I am not a very happy camper)

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
elmadaleno said:
Comrade Rzozaya, good to hear from you, please say hello to comrade Chavez!!!

Looks like the revolution over the evil capitalist pigs has finally won and we are very close to instituting the dictatorship of the proletariate! Our class strugle has finally reached its turning point and now we will punish all those who ride anything better than a Turbo (of course this does not apply to us members of the comunist -er- sorry, the PRD party)! I hope all of you see the light as I have and embrace the revolution!

Long live the people!!!

Mada

(This is all of course a joke, as I write this I am not a very happy camper)
Anyway, any news on the election? or just everybody's counting, speculating and no news? or are we turning into an anarchy?

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rzozaya1969 said:
Anyway, any news on the election? or just everybody's counting, speculating and no news? or are we turning into an anarchy?
ewkk!!!! Just went to Yahoo, anyway, far better for me to stay here! j/k.... about the staying here, I mean.

I think now we can expect a second floor in the Chiluca-Espiritu Santo highway, more motorcycles and ATV along the way, and a few other not-so-pleasant surprises, like maybe Turbo the national bike, and the middle class economy to drop like lead. Probably we will need to paint our bikes yellow to be allowed to ride!

See why I cannot just leave you there alone? I go for two weeks, and this is what I'm returning to? The only thing yellow that I like is the jersey at the TDF, and that's a far from here and there! I prefered a blue one (it wasn't perfect, but better than the yellow).

And I haven't ridden in weeks! :madmax::madman::madmax::madman::madmax::madman:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
elmadaleno said:
It basically looks like the next president wont be able to use the letter "S"...
whaaaaat??????? :eekster: of course he uses it, but it sounds more like a "J". (we ought to train our ears) :p

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Basically and as things are going, you'd better think about shipping your bike to Argentina and get a job down there.

Peje is still winning 94% already accounted... this thing looks ugly, Comrade Zozaya.

Argentina is a country of inmigrants... mostly europeans from Italy, Spain and Germany. Which explains that influence. You'll notice many citizens have two passports due to being descendants of people from euro countries mostly. My former boss' grandpa was italian and I have several coworkers who hold italian/spanish and argentiniean passports.

But you're living the real thing and those reports are more than welcome.

I wish I could go there... I couldn't get tired of beef.. really. I'm that spoilt. I have lived with Argentinians (for more than half a year) and I didn't got tired.

On a lighter note... I may have a buyer for my Phaon... asking price is being respected and reasonable from my part (maybe too much). It will pay for a pair of Hopes XC's but not enough for a Bulb/XC combo.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
ritopc said:
whaaaaat??????? :eekster: of course he uses it, but it sounds more like a "J". (we ought to train our ears) :p
Typical Tabasco/south of Veracruz accent. Obviously he fakes it depending on who he's talking to.

I couldn't vote... visited two Casillas Especiales, but they ran out of ballots... after spending nearly 100 pesos to visit them, I quit... phock the government. Phock the IFE.:madmax: :madmax:

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, this is starting to sound like a blog or something like that.

Anyway, tommorrow morning I'm returning to Mexico.

I'm feeling a little down, probably because I'm ending my trip ;) and part is because a certain female coworker from Mexico has found a way to enter my head and she just doesn't want to leave! So, part of me wants it to be already monday.. part is confused. Women, they seem to be here on earth to give headaches to us poor men!

Anyway, I'm leaving this cafe, so, the next post will probably be from Mexico City, or Santiago de Chile, I don't know.

See you later!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Ok, this is starting to sound like a blog or something like that.

Anyway, tommorrow morning I'm returning to Mexico.

I'm feeling a little down, probably because I'm ending my trip ;) and part is because a certain female coworker from Mexico has found a way to enter my head and she just doesn't want to leave! So, part of me wants it to be already monday.. part is confused. Women, they seem to be here on earth to give headaches to us poor men!

Anyway, I'm leaving this cafe, so, the next post will probably be from Mexico City, or Santiago de Chile, I don't know.

See you later!
Cool to have you back here... but bummer on your trip's end.

If she doesn't want to leave, kick her out before she starts asking money for diapers, shoes and ... oh, wait! Am I saying so? :eek:

They're here to gives us headaches and then heal us from those headaches by .... oh, nevermind.

The Maggie seems to be leaving Warpland tomorrow... if so, I will put an order with Larry for a sweet Bulb-XC combo!

I can't wait!

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Warp said:
Cool to have you back here... but bummer on your trip's end.

If she doesn't want to leave, kick her out before she starts asking money for diapers, shoes and ... oh, wait! Am I saying so? :eek:

They're here to gives us headaches and then heal us from those headaches by .... oh, nevermind.

The Maggie seems to be leaving Warpland tomorrow... if so, I will put an order with Larry for a sweet Bulb-XC combo!

I can't wait!
Cool about the Maggie, how are you going to bring the wheels to Mexico?

Edit: I definitely DON'T want to think about diapers.... yet. have fun this weekend, let's do something for the next one!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Cool about the Maggie, how are you going to bring the wheels to Mexico?

Edit: I definitely DON'T want to think about diapers.... yet. have fun this weekend, let's do something for the next one!
I will get only the hubs from Larry. Get'em laced by Abel and I'm almost set on some Alex FD28's... unless Abel has some eye-candy for cheap.

I don't expect to break weight-weenie records. Actually, it will hardly be built under 2 kilos... the Bulb/XC combo is around 575grs and it will build close to 1990grs...

But the Bulb has 36 pts of engagement (half as Kings), has a Ti freewheel and it will be a bombproof wheelset (for my weight and crappy riding).

I could build a much lighter set with Laserdisc Lite hubs... but I haven't heard good things about their seals and when we don't have very fine dust that goes even inside King headsets, we have rain and mud flying everywhere.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Warp said:
I will get only the hubs from Larry. Get'em laced by Abel and I'm almost set on some Alex FD28's... unless Abel has some eye-candy for cheap.

I don't expect to break weight-weenie records. Actually, it will hardly be built under 2 kilos... the Bulb/XC combo is around 575grs and it will build close to 1990grs...

But the Bulb has 36 pts of engagement (half as Kings), has a Ti freewheel and it will be a bombproof wheelset (for my weight and crappy riding).

I could build a much lighter set with Laserdisc Lite hubs... but I haven't heard good things about their seals and when we don't have very fine dust that goes even inside King headsets, we have rain and mud flying everywhere.
Cool!

Anyway, I'm in Mexico now, talked to Transvision and they have the DHX 5.0 coil 7.8 x 2.0 in stock, so.... I give up, UGI has hoodked me on its clutches.. fighting is futile!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Cool!

Anyway, I'm in Mexico now, talked to Transvision and they have the DHX 5.0 coil 7.8 x 2.0 in stock, so.... I give up, UGI has hoodked me on its clutches.. fighting is futile!
Oh, my!!!!

Does that mean that there will be an RP3 laying around with intentions to have another owner?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.