Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding my bike on Rt. 9 by Amherst College today, a 30-something husband-wife duo pulled over and demanded I give them the bike I was on (my RFX). The grounds for this forfeiture were it "looks exactly like our son's that was just stolen." They couldn't tell me the name, model, year, or any details of their son's bike (they were particularly confused when I asked if his had a Horst or TNT pivot), though did mention his bike has a "Marzakey" fork. They wanted me to give them my address so their son, Adrian, could come by and look at the bike to see if it was his. Pretty needless to say, I told them to F off and educate themselves on the bike they were looking for. I told them where I'd be for the day and said he could come by there if he wanted to find out that my bike wasn't his bike, and further, I'd show them my receipt (with serial #) from Turner if they had any fancy ideas about calling the cops.

But that left me wondering what the deal was with this supposed stolen bike. Were they trying to scam me out of my bike (albeit poorly), or had some kid named Adrian's bike been stolen, and if so, what kind of bike was it? Despite the accusatory, juvenile behavior of his parents, I figured I'd see if there's actually a stolen bike to be on the lookout for. Anyone know anything about this scooby-doo mystery?

·
Northern Aggressor
708 Posts
Sounds like you had a run in with one of the Indigenous White Trash Tribes of Western MA.... here's some tips from the US Forestry Department on what do when you encounter them in the wild:

Do not approach the white trash- I received a picture taken at relatively close range by trail users; this is a mistake.

Instill fear in the white trash- If you are confronted by white trash, do not run - hold your bike above your head and scream and shout. Have others with you throw rocks at them and/or consider bringing a compressed air powered horn and blast it several times so that they associate humans with fear.

While it may seem cruel to throw rocks at them, you will be helping by making him understand he should not interact with humans. With the slumping ecomnomy, it is believed that white trash are getting acclimated to human presence and no longer view them as a threat.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Chaz,

That a weird but also funny story--that's my son's 4000 dollar bike! They were, of course, dopes-and I'm sure the bike they were missing had the words MOTIV proudly displayed on the downtube.

Side note-you have an RFX and a Six Pack???? That's some serious turner overlap!

Call about the epic-Eric and Luke can't make it and as it's their house that's ground zero we'll probably move it to mid August.

Liam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.