Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep looking for a suitable new bike for me. I may have a line on a Yeti Big Top 29er. I have never seen one on the trails. How about some reviews? My guess is that it's heavier by about three pounds than the carbon frames and about two pounds over a scandium frame. The turquoise and white is class but i'm a little hesitant because of the weight. I'm a real 72.75 (184.8cm) inches tall (just measured against a wall) with no shoes on. I dont really care for the ability to swap to a single speed so it's not a real benefit for me. Maybe a size Large?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'm pretty sure frame weight is right around 4 lbs. I don't know of too many 1 lbs carbon frames :)

I have a buddy on one and couldn't be happier ( hes a incredible rider and owns a shop so he could be on any number or frames and chose the yeti for what thats worth). The carbon chain stays have a nice feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, public math is never good. I guess just under a two pounds difference for a light carbon frame like a Scott. Maybe 1.5lbs for a scandium niner or similar. I'd be on a Large so i figured the Yeti frame would be a bit heavier than the listed 4lb frame weight. They usually use a medium for the quotes i think.

Maybe for $2750 i could get something lighter but with some lesser parts. It seems like a good parts spec:
http://www.yeticycles.com/#/bikes/BigTop/1/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.