Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the post about what's now a retro bike, but does anyone happen to have a pair of XR rockers they want to sell? I have a Turner XCE with X rockers and am looking for that little bit of extra travel. Thanks!

·
Can Tree Member
847 Posts
Welcome to MTBR. But you are rushing things here...you need to let it build for a little while. First, tell us a little bit about you. Not much, because we don't really care. Then tell us about the bike...how long you've had it, what you like about it, why you don't really care to replace it with a new one...all that stuff. Maybe tell us about a ride or two, post some pics even.

THEN...you can ask if any of us have spare XR's laying around. :)

Just goofing...this question still comes up about once every year, and it looks like the XRs are getting scarcer as people have retired those bikes. There's probably some sets sitting on bikes that are not ridden much if at all, owned by low/no mileage riders who don't frequent these boards. So it could be tough, but don't give up.

I've got a set on my Burner and there they will stay until I break the bike or it breaks me. The bike is so tuned and upgraded that I have zero desire to do anything else. But if and when it bites the dust, I'll part it out. So keep hunting, since they will pop up from time to time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dad Man :) To break the ice a little, I'm a Sagittarius and I like slow dance songs, walks on the beach, and long and twisty singletrack full of roots and rocks (what we get here in Wisco). I'm the new owner of an 02 XCE, which I bought b/c I really wanted a Turner, don't have the funds to buy a new one due to having a baby on the way, XCEs are reviewed very highly, and I found a medium that was hardly used at a great price. I will post pics of me riding it as soon as the f*&$ing snow melts here or as soon as I can take it to Rays.

Need XR rockers b/c the bike is set up for someone quite a bit heavier than my 145 lbs; it currently has X rockers w/a Romic shock and 600lb spring. If anyone has ideas besides XR rockers (maybe an old Vanilla RC or much lighter Romic spring) please let me know.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Personally I wouldn't bother trying to find a set of XR rockers as the 0.4" of travel really doesn't amount to much on the trail. A better option would be to replace the Romic with an air shock and keep the X rockers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tassie Devil, I'll probably go w/the air shock idea. What air shock is recommended on an XCE? Preferably something I could get relatively cheaply on eBay. I checked the old forums but there wasn't much discussion specifically on the XCE.

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
I'd second the air shock idea. I briefly rode a Turner Burner this winter and typical to myself was in an upgrade frenzy until an opportunity presented itself to upgrade the bike altogether. In the process I aquired a 6.5 x 1.5 Rock Shox Monarch which complements the Burner/XCE very well (same suspension on both bikes). Let me know if you're interested in the Monarch (via a PM, say) and we can see if we can work out a good deal for ya.

_MK

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pushed Float

tommyd said:
Thanks Tassie Devil, I'll probably go w/the air shock idea. What air shock is recommended on an XCE? Preferably something I could get relatively cheaply on eBay. I checked the old forums but there wasn't much discussion specifically on the XCE.
I have a Pushed fox float shock that is setup for your weight and the Turner XCE that I can let go for cheap. If your not familiar with Push Industries do a google search and its the Fox Float rl/rc factory tune. PM me if your interested.
Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.