Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like i've heard something about both of these spots being buit up for freeride terrain. IMBA even mentions Alexander in it's "where to freeride" list. The last i remember about Alexander was some rarely riden O.K. cross country with neglected and dangerous downhill and dual courses.
My experience at Richmond Hill was only one weird ride in which i got lost on the frisbee golf corse then ended up riding in the middle of a forest fire. Soon after i heard the whole area was being turned into a military base.
Anyone know what's up with these spots?

Chris

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
moheinous said:
Seems like i've heard something about both of these spots being buit up for freeride terrain. IMBA even mentions Alexander in it's "where to freeride" list. The last i remember about Alexander was some rarely riden O.K. cross country with neglected and dangerous downhill and dual courses.
My experience at Richmond Hill was only one weird ride in which i got lost on the frisbee golf corse then ended up riding in the middle of a forest fire. Soon after i heard the whole area was being turned into a military base.
Anyone know what's up with these spots?

Chris
Alexander is due for the development of a freeride area and I believe the "course" has been surveyed. I'm not sure what the actual status of the working geting done is...

I ride Richmond Hill almost every week- there's one short rideable bridge with a big penalty to one side and a moderate one to the other, complete with a B line, the rest of it is mostly XC, but very fun. 5-6 miles of tight singletrack, but takes time to learn a good, flowing route. I have had fun jumping my bike around the steps and steep paths of the golf course, but only on days where the parking lot was deserted...the groundbreaking on development still hasn't been finalized. I'm trying to find more information about this myself.

Mike

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Dedicated trail that starts crossing the golf course. From the parking lot:

Determine where hole #9 is. There's a path to the right of it. Follow this path- you'll cross #11, right past the 13th tee box, if there's nobody playing,drop this steep hill down #13 back up the ravine, if there's somebody playing, the trail continues around past #`14 teebox to cross #13. You're on a single trail that leads to the "magic intersection" of Richmond Hill. It's a three way fork that you can do several small loops off- the 5-6 miles includes some use of the same trails 2-3 times to access different spur loops. It's a complicated lay-out, but there's one outer "figure 8" you can do that's about 4-5 miles with lots of side loops. It's a great place to explore, as ya' can't really get too lost.

Have fun, it really is worth checking out. The traisl are very tight, there's some well-made switchbacks, and downed trees to ride across. Keep heading down towards the river and you will eventually find the bridge I describe in the previous post.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.