Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short...in 2003 I sent Matt Chester, who was then living in Leadville, CO, a $1,000 as a downpayment for a Mutinyman 29 inch custom frame. I'd grown to respect Matt as I'd seen him at the Leadville 100 and also read a solid review of his bike in an old Dirt Rag. He seemed genuine and creative.

Like many apparently, the years went by and I never got my bike. There were promises, and then multiple moves, then long gaps in communication, and then rumors of psychological issues (not angry about that...just part of the story). Last I heard he was living in Canada.

No word of my frame or any frame for that matter. Has anybody had better luck recently?

·
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
122 Posts
Ok ive been seeing these frames they are full carbon mtb by matt mountain on ebay for 300 bucks has anyone ever bought one or no if they are worth a crap seem kinda cheap to me for a full carbon frame

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
I paid $500 back in 2005. Still no frame, and a I haven't heard of anyone getting one in recent years. Seemed like he might turn it around after the move to canada, but it was a false dawn.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
An unsubstantiated rumor has Matt Chester living in the U.S. again.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
An unsubstantiated rumor has Matt Chester living in the U.S. again.
Not sure about this. He has done a lot of traveling in the US of late and last I read, (on his Twitter Account), he was back in his shop. He's been doing a lot of contract work not related to cycling. (Railings, structures, etc) I follow him on Twitter. That's where I have gotten this info.

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,162 Posts
My friend in Flagstaff paid In full In 2002, over $2k, and has nothing to show for it other than a short bank account.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Why would anybody assassinate an otherwise stellar reputation building kick-ass ti frames....all over a few thousand dollars???

Reactions: cjsb

·
I like bikes
480 Posts
What is sad is the hero worshiping.

Why would anyone go through the hassle with one of these guys when you can get a production frame that is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts