Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any US frame makers now? Interested in hardtail or full, any material will do. Can be frameset or full build. Don't need any discussion on US vs elsewhere. I just would like a US frame.

·
Registered
24 Posts
nagatahawk said:
yeti
Trek, high end stuff,
I know cuz i'm trying to decide between a Remedy and a 575.
Almost all of the Yeti bikes are over seas now, the 575 among them.

I hear that Elsworth is overseas now with a few of their models, most still made here though.

There really are a lot of frames made in the U.S. More than you might think. Most are smaller builders and command a bit more money.

In addition to what Tim has here are just a few more:

Sinister
Moots
SyCip
Independent Fabrications
Soul Craft
Strong
Waltworks
Black Sheep
Jones

And many more

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want an awesome frame that can be custom for you I would look into Justice Madison. My father got one last year and has only had great things to say about it. Its an awesome Steel frame that is light, nimble and just a joy to ride. Check em out at www.justicemadisoncycles.com.

Here's a pic of my fathers for your viewing pleasure...

·
Registered
137 Posts
ventana is the only full suspension manufacturer that i know of that does everything 'in house' (other than make the tubing.) cnc, weld, heat-treat, paint. and they are aluminum, not steel like most of the small hardtail manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Chain Reaction Cycles has a decent sale on new old stock Turner frames (2009 models). Mainly the Flux, Sultan and 5 Spot models. There have been a few improvements since '09 but they are discounted up to $700 less than what you can find the '11 models for and still carry a 2 year warranty.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
tgrider said:
Figured Trek was all over seas now except for the Madone 6.
Trek are all overseas now except for a couple of the top Carbon frames. Everything else, Taiwan.

PS:
Superco
Brooklyn Machine Works

Most of the guys in the Frame Building Forum, plenty of people in there who can build a badass FS bike.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.