Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theyre both the same price right?
i think they are at least
and they get the both amount of travel at 203mm if i remember right and weihg about the same
geez i hate decisions

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok
hmm
geez both forks are really nice but ive only really seen the fox40rc2 and it looks so smooth
but all my friends said they would rather get the boxxer b ecause the 40 is too beefy but i guess in the end the decision is mine but thanks for all the help

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
BFloFoxRider. said:
ok so i want to get either the boxxer world cup or the fox 40 rc2
i do alot of downhill/freeride and jumping.
anyone have any help??
You really can't go wrong with either. Both are great forks. Both have great CS. If weight is a factor, you may consider the Boxxer WC, if your worried about stiffness, you may go with the Fox 40. Either way, you will be pleased. Both Forks are great!

·
Racer
304 Posts
I ran a 40 for two years than a wc last season. I wasn't impressed honestly. Yea it was light and smooth but it was soooo flexy and required a ton of maintenance. I think you will like a 40 better.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
My 40 is pretty touchy. It gets 2 or 3 oil changes a season to keep it nice and smooth.

IMO, neither are worth the money. The other Boxxers work just fine, though at a weight penalty.

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
High end forks require care and maintenance to run at their full potential. If you're not mechnically inclined, don't have money to spend on maintaining a fork (or have a shop that can do it), and you want the fork to work its best, then a Fox 40/Boxxer WC probably isn't for you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well it seems like i live in my local bike shop
which happens to be coates cyclery in pomona california
its an awesome shop
and i know the owner and one of the workers there will help me work on it or teach me how

·
Registered
279 Posts
in my personal opinon id get the fox 40 cuz it looks sweet. but the boxer ad 40 are a lot a like its up to u.

·
Registered
456 Posts
With the White Bros. Prepare for NO small bump sensitivity. They are STICKY. Hopefully that can be remedied in the future. I would run oneif they felt better. They are made here in my town...

·
Registered
456 Posts
40, Boxxer, 888, all great forks, you can not go wrong with any of those. I have ridden them all I like the 888 rc2x alot. It will sag under it's own weight but never bottom out, thats what I like out of a fork. That X cartrige kills it for sure...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.