Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting together at Tribble Mill in Grayson/Lawrenceville for a ride? In June I seriously broke my ankle, and have only now recovered enough to begin physical activity. So I bought a Gary Fisher mountain bike and love it! I have run high school cross country the past four years, so even though I haven't done much the last 6 months, I am not terribly out of shape, but don't expect to blaze the trails and me keep up! So if anyone is interested that would be great. I need to ride with someone who knows what they are doing to learn from them. I have been riding alone the past two weeks since I have had the bike and it sucks. Nobody I know has a bike! I know the park like the back of my hand due to running there for four years, so if anybody is unfamiliar with the park and wants to know some cool trails I could come in handy there. Just reply or PM me. Thanks!

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Triple - I ride out there weekly and as mr. minimal pointed out GATR is the SORBA chapter that has taken on the responsibility of the trail stewardship out there. If you are not a SORBA member, I would highly recommend joining. Especially with the HArbins/Alcovy park coming on line (and needing volunteer help to build the trails) sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
300 Posts
SSINGA said:
Triple - I ride out there weekly and as mr. minimal pointed out GATR is the SORBA chapter that has taken on the responsibility of the trail stewardship out there. If you are not a SORBA member, I would highly recommend joining. Especially with the HArbins/Alcovy park coming on line (and needing volunteer help to build the trails) sometime in the near future.
You forgot to mention the cookouts after the work parties. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the invite Minimalist, but I gotta work Saturday:( I didn't even know there was volunteer trail maintance at Tribble Mill. I thought the county just did things here and there. Thats good to know though. Anyways, I would love to join and help out, but I work every Saturday and Sunday either from 7-3 or 2-10. It sucks. The maintance is always done on weekends isnt it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also work weekends. I'm up for a ride on weekdays though. It sounds like our stories are a little similar... I had some medical problems and didn't get back on the bike until December, right when it started getting cold.

I've ridden up at Tribble Mill once, it was a lot of fun.

Az

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.